1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Good Doubles Gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Having never shot doubles but want to start next year;what is a good doubles set up?Thinking most likely a O/U but don't know much about chokes,POI,barrel length and best brands( P,K, beretta etc)to look for. Your advise is appreciated!

Thanks

2. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

O/H is a good start. I use a Skeet or IC choke for the 1st bird, & a Modified or IM choke for the 2nd bird, on a 30" barrel. But get a gun that fits you & your budget, and one that you swing easily. A Beretta 682 is good value & a good model to start with.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

POI will depend on you. It will change as you get faster to the second bird. Many good shooters go with 80% on both barrels but I am too slow to the second bird. I like a gun that allows you to change the POI of both barrels.

Don't get too wound up about chokes. IC on the first and IM on the second (or close to that) will be fine.

Don Verna

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remington 3200. HMB

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Now Gary.. THAT's a doubles gun...

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

O/U works best for most people, chokes---.020/.030 (whatever they call'em), POI---whatever point of impact you use for singles will work for doubles, bbl length---30" or 32" your choice, whatever feels good to you, I like 32" bbls but I'm a pretty big guy at 6'1", brand---whatever you prefer, I currently shoot a Beretta 687. "CAUTION" shooting doubles can be addictive!

John C. Saubak

7. glenns

glenns Member

For price and performance you can't go wrong with a Browning Citori O/U -

1. used XT; or
    2. used Special Sporting Clays.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Gary...

I still like the Clown Gun....

Curt

Thread Status: