1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a fair price for used Mec grabber?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by len loma, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

Getting my 13yr old daughter shooting trap league with me next year.
    I had her loading loads with a single stage Mec but promised her I would buy a used Mec Grabber this year so she can reload. I have found an older machine but I have not talked price yet since guy has to get it from his fathers house. He is not really sure how much he has to go with it. What does a Grabber typically sell for used in nice working condition?

Now a little bragging. Lauren is quite a little shooter with a cut down Rem 1100 12ga. Added weight in stock,kick-eze pad and really soft reloads. I never let her shoot more then 2 boxes in a day. She has been going to club since she 5 and scoring for a long time. Lauren picked up good mechanics and gets on birds fast catching them before apex. She shot 5 times on the team last year and her best single score was 22 from 16yd and 17 from 26yd. Only one week was she low gun. Looking forward to a good time shooting with her this year.

thanks,
    Len

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There are always several on Ebay, take a look at what they sell for

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Len,

Sounds like you have a very promising young lady on your hands, I only wish I had some one to do this with me when I was that age it was all about hunting and fishing and I miss the comradely of being in a sport that brings friends together.

With that being said to answer you first question MEC grabbers can sell for anywhere from 150.00 to 300.00 depending on what model and condition, I recondition MEC loaders of all types mostly grabbers and 9000 and most of my refurbished grabbers sell for 225.00 shipped and I have sold several here on TS.com with as far as I know a 100% satisfaction.lol If you have any questions that I may help you with my # is 423-743-9233.

thanks
    lee

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

$175 to $250

5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I just bought a Grabber 761R for $150 shipped with one charge bar and a universal bar. My buddy also bought one for $250 with a bunch of extras. Mine was used but in great shape. Easily can load around 300 rounds an hour with it.

6. reloadingpro

reloadingpro TS Member

I've purchased 2nds through MEC . Its a great deal as they are new presses with possibly a minor paint flaw or something and packaged as new for a fraction of the price of a new one when available. They even included a year warranty. Can't get that off ebay. I forgot who I dealt with there but they all are excellent to work with.
    DD

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Getting a factory second sure seems the way to go. For what its worth, I recently sold a 28 ga. and a .410 Grabber(s) at a gun show for $175 each...with extra charge bars and powder bushings in excellent shape. Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

used mec grabber