1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Citori GTI ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I know there are many different types of Citoris but I have never heard of a GTI. I see one for sale on a different web site for a pretty cheap price. It looks like a nice gun from the pictures. Can some body tell what makes it a GTI?? Thanks in advance! Huntinandhotrods

2. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

They also have adjustable trigger for length of pull, and a "Broadway " style rib. Forcing cone work. They are a nice sporting clay gun.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

As was said...the GTI is a low flat and very wide ribbed sporting gun..the rib is a near twin to the old Broadways..one of my favorites of which I have more than a few..even a couple of the rare non-catalog 32" guns

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Sold mine last year. Wish I didn't have to. It's a very underrated Citori. The first year the letters and outline were in red, after that they are in gold. The gun was only in production for 5 years. '89 to '94. The first two years had Invector chokes, the last three had Invector +.

BTW, a Browning Rep. told me GTI stands for "Get Them Italians".

Wayne

5. fly

fly Active Member

Mine kicked like a Mule!

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The ribs are a few thousands over 1/2" wide, I think the broadways are 5/8" wide and the GTI came with 3 trigger shoes. I have one I bought new in 1992 30" barrels Invector Plus chokes and porting. They sold for around $1,250 and had a gold GTI on the side of the receiver, I think the earlier ones had red GTI letters and were invector chokes. Added. Back in the early 90's Browning also had 2 other very nice sporting clay guns besides the GTI. The special sporting, and the lightning sporting.

7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

It was one of the best sporting clays guns I ever owned. I wish I still had mine. I had three of them and they were excellent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori gdi trap

browning citori gti

browning citori gti for sale

browning citori gti history
browning citori gti sporting golden clays
browning gti years of production

citori gti

gti browning citori