1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Canterbury Trapmaster worth?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Squeal, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeal

Squeal Member

We are switching over to Pat traps and have a Canterbury Trapmaster we would like to sell. Any idea what its worth? Throws singles and doubles, works good.

Thanks

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

You asked, so here is my take on it...It's worth whatever you can get out of it. They were pretty inexpensive when they were new, as I recall, compared to Pat's or GMV's. I have worked on all of them, at one time or another. They had far too many plastic parts to really be durable and reliable when experiencing continued heavy duty useage. That, along with the stamped steel construction, which required a considerable amount of time in welding, and re-enforcing repair, kept them from really becoming a major player in the industry. While the design was sound, in my opinion, the quality was not. May be a great trap for light recreational or personal use, tho, if the price were right..... Just my observation and opinion..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. shotgnrox

shotgnrox TS Member

where are you located?

4. Squeal

Squeal Member

Thanks guys.

The trap is located in Heber City Utah, 84032 at the Heber Valley Gun club.
    It has not seen alot of use and is now setting upstairs not being used at all.
    I am sure any resonable price would not be refused. Would prefer not to ship the sucker, guessing it weighs 300lbs.

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The is only club in North Carolina that uses all Canterbury traps. Very rarely do we get to shoot an entire 300 target program with out something happening.

Heck you never know they might want it for parts....

FYI

6. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

I would offer $200 plus shipping. Thanks, Gary Owen

7. f18

f18 Member

If the machine is all there that means nothing missing,I would give $300 plus shipping.
    Mick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.