1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What if?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by threedeuces, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

What if your gun has a to short LOP. Will it shoot low or high or what. What will the outcome of the shot be if the LOP is too long.
    Just looking for some tips because I shortened my LOP a 1/4" and I cant hit the side of a barn. My scores are way off to say the least.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Spacers. While your at it, experiment with different pitch.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's not the LOP, threeduces. For some other reason you are not shooting as well as before. Find out why and you will discover that the LOP change will not have made any difference.

Unless - and this is just a small possible effect - you have a "field or sporting or skeet" stock that does not have a reasonable parallel comb, but rather slants upward from butt to receiver. In this case, a gun will shoot _a little, little, little_ higher with 1/4 inch less length, but you would never know it.

Neil

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I agree with Neil. The length of pull is important for comfortable and consistent gun mounts, and in some cases, keeping in the gun while tracking the target. The LOP will have no significant direct affect on where the gun shoots.

Pat Ireland

5. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

You may not believe this, but try extending the hand you hold the forearm with out just a little more to compensate for the slight difference in length and balance. I have a relatively fast move to the target, and went through hell trying to figure out what the deal was after switching to a slightly shorter stock. Never would have thought that it would have made much of a difference either...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.