1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What If?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RobertT, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

As much as I respect Sarah Palin and admire John McCains choice perhaps it is time for a little slight of hand. With the economy overshadowing everything else and tilting the election to Obama, perhaps Palin should be asked to step aside in favor of Mitt Romney for V.P. Certainly with Romneys business and financial history it would show McCains determination to lead the country through this crisis while doing a slam dunk against Obama.

Robert

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Just who considers experience in voting. The V.P. has one job. Preside over the senate and vote only to break a tie vote. Oh, and stand in line just in case. Obviously not many consider experience a value. A smiling face, kiss the babies, tell them what they want to hear, (you know the leaders cannot produce what they promise). Without assistance of the congress, the president can suggest anything he wants and it won't happen. Put a Democrap in charge with a matching congress and what do you expect. The part that scares me is the possibility of his appointing two or three to the supreme court, that would reverse the balance of power and you wouldn't like the result.
    Just who is the power behind this OBama movement? It's not his experience, nor his knowledge. He's a fast talker and says what they want to hear, never considering what it will cost them in the end. And everything he preaches will cost far more then the public will bear. Time will tell if the public can be led down the garden path. Personally, I would rather vote for, (as a bumper sticker said) "Sara and that old guy" & I'm a registered Democrat.

Big Jack------ Now, back to the 71/2's or 8's discussion.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Oprah, the richest woman in the world, is one of his backers. She has a lot of influence. Prince Al Waleed bin Talal is one of the wealthiest men in the world. He also is providing financial backing.

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

Naaa, I'll take Sarah. I think she has alot to offer we don't see, but Ole John has had her on a rope and won't let her loose. Notice like in the debate, she started off scripted, obviously, but then she opened up a tad 'bout half way thru. I think there is more than meets the eye with her.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Do you think 60,000 people would show up to see Mitt Romney? Sarah Palin is not McCain's problem, McCain is McCain's problem and Mitt nor anyone else can fix that.

OTH Obama is going to be EVERYONE"S problem if he gets elected. His arrogance coupled with his inexperience makes for a dangerous combination.

Would you like to shoot next to a newbie who thought he knew it all and wouldn't take advice and, in fact, thought he was so smart that you should do what he says?

Didn't think so.

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Well Chenney hung around doing not much of anything for 8 years with little to offer so with Sarah in the wings it looks like a breath of fresh air with more to offer the Republicans .

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

McCain would need far more than that for it to turn around to his favor.

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin is a better choice for VP. Changing now would be saying that a mistake was made in choosing her. Name Mitt Romney as Secretary of Treasury.

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

This is a poll that is not gyrating like those the news media likes to cite. It is not as bleak as they like to paint it.

http://www.tarrance.com/results.cfm

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

We have a trail on his financial backers, we need a list of his advisors. Who will be calling the shots? If we consider his past associations, we are in line for problems, big time. The "O" guy hasn't the experience or the knowledge to provide the leadership this country really needs. He wants higher taxes, more government, a larger bureaucracy. We need less government intervention!

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Big Jack, your description of the V.P.'s job is a little too narrow, but the biggest responsibility is to work on behalf of and for the President. 3200, I like your thinking.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.