1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What if?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr Newbius©, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What if the ATA were to adopt, enact and totally revamp its entire operations and change?

What if they were to adopt a new rule that the EC and all state delegates must be comprised of shooters who have been members of the ATA for less than 2 years?

What if they were to enact wide sweeping changes that would draw in many more younger and newer shooters while possibly upsetting some of the old shooters that are currently holding the sport back from expansion.

What if they were to revamp it all and make it what those of today wish it was instead of a modified version of what it used to be but still far from what it could be today.

What if it were to all happen? Can you imagine how many new people it would attract? Yes there would be those who would run away but for each one that would run how many would flock to join?

Just a few thoughts to ponder and I seriously hope Neil and a few others keep out of this thread and just let it take its course instead of being the defenders of the old ways and the attackers of anything possibly new.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Attack this, Mr. ®? I expect my input won't even be needed . . .

Actually I think your plan has wider use than just the ATA. No airline pilots with more than two years experience in a cockpit, limit doctors to two years of college, no one over 20 can vote - the dawn of a new age!

Neil

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Yes ... the dawn of a new age, an age that could actually and maybe correct problems created by those who do not desire change.

Neil ... in my opinion your input on allot of things, like my input at times are not needed but you by far inject your input at times far to much. Now before you go off and accuse me of injecting my input way to much research my posting history and see just how little I actually input.

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Neil

I have said it before, they like the mud!!!!

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The wisdom in those with experience always keeps the young from making the same mistakes over and over. Perfect? Nope, but a lot (note; spelling of A LOT) of fatal errors are avoided by listening to the elders.....Bob Dodd (note; real name)

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Mr. ®, I don't see how you can object to anything I post - don't I have the same rights as anyone else here?

My original version of the above post was of course far longer. But then I referred to the rules I have taped right to my minotaur and removed all the paragraphs which could be fairly called:

"obscene, vulgar, sexually-explicit, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in bad taste"

and all I had left were that couple of pitiful sentences.

Neil

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The above picture is my only comment to your post.

Plus Neil has every right to post his mind as much as the next man.

In fact, I thought Neil was rather restrained considering some of your foolish proposals.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.