1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what if you.................

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bulgie, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

what if you were reloading your favorite trap load...18gr reddot...AA white wad....winchester primers......and l 1/8 shot in the winchester compression formed hull. You reach to get more primers and find out all you have left is Chedites. You figure "well its o.k" and continue. A little later you run out of AA white wads but you find some Patter Control red wads which are supposed to be a AA replacement. You continue. Lo and behold you cant find anymore old AA compression formed hulls so you get out the new HS hull and continue. After loading for about two hours you decide to quit for the night. When 'boxing em up" you wonder is all the shells are safe and will they all shoot the same. You have used two different hulls, two different wads, and two different primers. You plan to shoot the club shoot with these shells tomorrow and since you have always loaded by the book would you worry they will not all shoot alike and maybe mess with your confidence. WHATS YOUR CALL? WILL YOUR FELLOW SHOOTERS THINK YOU WERE SAFE, OR CRAZY?

2. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Will your fellow shooters know??? LOL Boy this is a great question!!!!!

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

if you don't want them, i'll take them off your hands,,,and pay shipping.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ahahaha....I used to slip a green shell in with my pal Johnnie's(R.I.P.)Federal papers and he would come totally unglued. He would miss the target with that odd shell every time.

But he was a great shooter if he didn't derail. 475 straight to win once.

So did you load 7&1/2's or 8's? or don't you remember? Wifey might have cleaned up and helped you out by pouring the spills back in the bottle.

sleep well.

HM

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Gary I know you are very good and precise.

But why go thru the extra affort, when no one is going to be able to tell the diferrence?

I have three powders that give me loads that almost exactly split the recommended Mim Max loads right down the middle. When I first found the loads I was religous about keeping then Seperate. Then one day I had enough partial boxs of shells (all safe sane loads, three powders, two maybe three wads, and hulls what mix) to shoot the events of the next day and no time to load more.

So I mixed everything up to the point were it was no good guessing if that red shell was or if the green shell was or the gold shell might be, the result?

I worried about seeing the birds, focussing on the birds, and had One of the then better scores of my young ATA life, just worry about the birds, mixed and matched shells will be to close to tell!

Just have fun focus on the birds, not the distractions.

Big Al

PS Gary I grew up within two blocks of your shop, that mail box still rocks!

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I agree with the [theunloader]

Ok really if you liked the AA s**f then go ahead and load away im sure you will not tell any difference but of course if you miss a bird a two then you will have a good excuse to blaME IT ON.

Ok myself I used to load the red AA's but when I found the Federal gold medal's I never went back ....

Hope this help

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Foggy where you been??

Don

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have even mixed Red Dot and Promo in the same keg and continued to load with no appreciable difference, just used Red Dot data (17.2 grs.) 1 oz. shot. RG

Good salesmanship Gary. LOL Richard

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

BIGDON:

I have been working my tail off for the last couple of months.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

You know a rooster's work is never done so got to get back to it.

Foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.