1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What if you shoot out of turn??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Was shooting the other day, just myself and another guy. We had just met and talked a little between stations and shot three rounds together. Another shooter joined us and ended up shooting between us.

Apparently I had gotten used to the voice and shot of the guy I had been shooting with so when he shot I then called and shot. To my embarrassment it wasn't my turn. No biggie to the three of us, other than a laugh at my expense (gee, that's never happened before).

Just wondering, what happens if during registered or even club shoots someone loses focus and shoots out of turn???

Chuck

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It's a "no-target". Hap

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Do over. Let the guy you jumped in front of shoot and then try not to think about how you just looked like a dork.

We have all done it at one time or another. Hell, one time I did it on purpose because the guy in front of me was a poser. Took him 5 seconds to call AFTER he mounted the gun.

AJ100

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

No big deal.Happens every once in a while.

Bo

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Registered; The out'a turn shot and all shots after don't count. Go back and resume shooting in proper sequence starting with the shooter that was missed.

John C. Saubak

6. missed some

missed some TS Member

look at the guy you shot in front of and tell him to quit taking so long!! I actually shot out of turn twice on a 3 man squad of doubles, I caught a lot of static for that! It happens, you just hope it doesn't dissrupt the guy who is straight. Most just laugh it off, after giving you a hard time about it.

7. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

AJ and Zarathrusta hit the nail on the head, and if it hasn't happened to you, just shoot long enough and it will................Roger

8. porky

porky TS Member

If you shoot out of turn, hopefully you will have shot at the same time with the person who was supposed to be shooting. Chances are pretty good that one of you will have hit the bird. Then you can say " You're welcome" to the other shooter, then shoot when it is your turn. No big deal, everyone has done it. Don't let it rattle you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.