1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What if we had captured Osama alive?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

What if we had captured Osama alive? Would we be better off? I don't know with this administration. Bush and Cheney would have squeezed him for a lot of good info, but I don't know what Obama and Holder would have done with him. Two years ago they would have totally botched it. Now? Dunno. They've learned a little in the last two years, the Prez more than the AG. But did they learn enough?

Maybe killing him was the easy way out for them. Then the hard questions about what to do with him could be avoided. I don't mind him being shot. But I hate to think he was not captured and squeezed just so the administration could dodge the political heat from capturing him.

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'm OK with just shootin' the bastard........hey, the fish gotta' eat too?

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Heck no, it would have cost us Billions in court costs.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Actually they captured a treasure trove of intelligence when they left with his carcass. Osama was so sure of himself he had a huge volume of intelligence on computers and so on right there with him. It seems his Pakistani buddies weren't able to warn him this time.

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

It was the best thing to do but we haven`t seen the worse yet . Al Queda will take their time to get revenge for taking out Number 1 . He would have died in prison or we would have gave him new parts free .

6. over/under

over/under Member

How do you know he's not in Cuba right now? President Hussein Obama just said he would not release the photos. Attorney Gnrl Holder says they shot him in self defense. How can that be? What is wrong w/ these people? Self defense?

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Al Queda will do what they do regardless of whether we killed OBL or not.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

what're YOU smokin' over/under?

9. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Even if they had found him bound and gagged in his bed they would have shot him anyway. That was decided before they even went in!

10. over/under

over/under Member

Old Cowboy, just stirring the pot, I personally believe he's been killed. But there is no proof of this, we are just taking someones word on this. Remember this, the healthcare debate will be on CSPAN.

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Were any of the 15 children in that compound Usama's from his young wife living with him? If so they should have put a few smart bombs on the compound once the team evacuated. This guy was a inspiration to all muslims especially the youth and you don't want his children (if he had any) to further his cause 10 years from now.

12. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

It was the intent of the Seal team to bring back everyone else in the house. Unfortunately, one of the choppers went tits up and they had to leave it and the others behind. A last moment command decision.

Helicopters should never be depended on in a clutch...

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

kiv-c - How do you know it was Seals. The press has said that. But nobody in the administration or DOD will acknowledge who was on the team.....until Biden spilled it. If Prez was smart, VP wouldn't have known. Maybe VP didn't know and he was just repeating what he heard on the TV or read in the paper.

Rumsfeld is asking why they released that they captured any intel. Why let them know we got anything?

14. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I'll bet he wasn't killed. He's probably being held in a
    black CIA prison being waterboarded right now. Get the
    intel and then shoot 'em.

15. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

mrskeet410:

There's a great deal of information that shouldn't be made public. A few examples are snipers serving (or that have served) in the middle east. People who fly drones. The identity of any individual or small groups (Seals or other special forces) participating in successful missions where high profile bad guys are killed or captured.

Providing such details could help a terrorist turd target our people or their families. I wasn't aware Biden blabbed but I'm not suprised. If he were any dumber, an average house plant could outsmart him.

sissy

16. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I am glad they didn't bring him in alive. I always wondered why anyone would waste the extra effort to bring someone in alive if they could be brought in dead. Further, remember the fiasco trial and all of the BS we had to put up with from Saddam Hussein. The soldier's that found him should have tossed a grenade down the hole then asked him to come out.

John

17. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Captured alive? The ACLU would have turned him into their house cat. Very nice prison facility, 3 meals a day plus snacks, top medical attention, protection from the media, sympathy from the Libs and (as much as I hate to say it) sympathy from some Clergy members. I also think the chances are pretty good he would NOT be tried in a Military Court, WOULD be found GUILTY,BUT....would be sentanced to LIFE IN PRISON w/o Parole. NO Death Penalty. Thank GOD for SEAL Team 6!!!!

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Hannibal had a good end game .....

But in the real world, capping the turd was best all the way around.

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I say we're better off with him dead.

First, the fanatics would seize planes, cruise ships, trains, whatever and hold people hostage for his release, then wind up killing over and over, until someone says, well, we just need to appease these fanatics a little.

Second, I think the term "life in prison" is a friggin' joke. Oregon has 200 lifers who the court now says have to be considered for parole, some of whom have only served 20 years for their murder(s). The death penalty negates all this crap about releasing them. Combine that with the "compassionate" release of the PanAm 103 mastermind lifer, who is still alive. (Imagine that, huh?)

20. JH

JH Well-Known Member

We would have had Nanci Pelosi insist on a civil trial with corresponding Miranda rights...ACLU lawyers would have been tripping over themselves to represent him...the media would have loved the sale of advertising dollars....he would have eventually been convicted and given a life sentence at taxpayer expense...many accusations about how America "made him a terrorist" and how America is really to blame for his actions would have been printed in the LEFT WING press.....

A double tap at about 3 meters for around $.82 was a much more economical way to deal with the issue.....

Maybe we could have the Seal team visit some of our prisons and save taxpayers a lot of money and give the victims of their crimes.... true justice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.