1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What IF.. under $4000 new Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If any of you would be in the market for an entry leval Perazzi.. what would it be?? Now.. think reasonable.. don't get stupid on me.. Not a combo.. But Single or double?? would the need to use wood you already own be important?? trigger??? finish ??? weight of finished shotgun??? What length barrel?? choketubes ok??? barrel length??? sideribs?? adjustable rib?? maybe changable top rib??

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

NOOO side ribs,adjustable Hi rib, 30" barrels, I prefer fixed chokes, go for it Mike.. Joe

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

O/U, trigger assembly easily changeable, adjustable rib, adjustable comb, with or without choke tubes (doesn't matter, but prefer without), weight and balance point typical of a perazzi, 32" barrels. For that price, the type of wood and finish wouldn't be important as long as it swings and performs like a Perazzi.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

TM-1 new made like the old ones but around $2000.00 fixed rib like the TM-1 Special .740 bore .700 choke release or pull trigger, 34"inch Bbl.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I think the MX-15 is about as good as it gets for an entry unsingle.

Fixed choke, .032 (#8)

Add factory adj comb/buttpad, ambi palm swells...

Jim

6. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Along the lines Guerini Summit trap OU for under $4,000?

7. rmy

rmy Member

Dr. Longshot, I'm with you on the TM 1, even at more money than you suggest. But I guess if Perazzi made such a gun, they would lose the possibility of selling a more expensive model. rmy

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It should have an adjustable rib and comb, or allow you to order it with a desired POI.

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd like to be a copy of a TMX with dedicated RH or LH wood. The stock could be plain for all I care, but one piece. No choke tubes please, but make it a .740 bore with about .035" of choke restriction. I'm not asking too much am I?

ss

10. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

For it (what ever it is) to actually be made by Perazzi, not out-sourced to some other company

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

ss yes

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think they call it a "Beretta."

The marketing idea isn't to see how cheaply you can get people into a Perazzi. It's to see how much you can get them to pay "for" a Perazzi.

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

OK.. The die has already been cast on the TM-9.. So that's not going backwards.. Perazzi can not make a firearm for 1500 euro in their factory today.. so.. a $2000 anything is not going to happen..

I think the wood would look like firewood.. OK..
    I think the trigger would be interchangable OK
    I think to O/U barrel will have no sideribs OK
    I think the receiver will be cut like a MX-3 OK
    I think the barrel will have adjustable hangars YES
    I think the first barrels will have choketubes only OK
    I think the first guns will be 31.5" long with barrels under 1.55 KG OK
    I think they will all sport the new mini rib ???? just a guess OK
    The barrels will NOT interchange with any other Perazzi nor will any Perazzi barrel fit this receiver..(that's what they asked for)..

This is as much as I have heard in the wind.. still all talk.. Please keep your thoughts comming.. any thought... even something off the wall like.. A Beretta 682 with a Perazzi drop out trigger that uses Perazzi wood.. Hell.. I'd buy that.. All Good.. Mike

14. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike,

Great idea, asking shooters what they want!

I would like a drop out trigger O/U, that uses the same MX stock, MX15 receiver is OK, 30 or 32" barrels, no choke tubes, no side ribs with a MX10 style adjustable rib. Perazzi new style stock.

Reuse of same stocks & triggers is key.

I'll put down a deposit now.

Don

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Vern.. I think the Perazzi trigger and stock is a must.. Remember.. it can't take from the existing product line..so the MX 10 adjustable rib is out.. Extra barrels will be an option down the road. The rib is still up for grabs..but an easily changed top rib is high on the list.. No sideribs is cost saving.. Adjustable barrel hangars is time proven and cost efficent. The keeping of the same internal parts is prudent from a money saving point of view.. Now.. you might get a bead blasted hot blue finish..which is fine with me.. The stock will be plain.. possibly with an adjustable comb.

The original.. I'd think will be the Model T Ford.. No options..easily stocked by dealers.. I'd hope some of the improvments would spill over to the regular product line..

I don't know if a single barrel gun will ever be offered.. but the 34" O/U.. down the road.. could easily be modified..

The concept here is a WORLD market.. not just American market..

keep your answers comming..I'm taking good notes.. All Good.. Mike

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I can assure you.. ANYTHING Perazzi puts their name on will be FIRST CLASS.. The concept here is to cut down on finishing time.. Keep it simple.. use what you already have when you can..and not hurt product line.. Many of you remember the MX8B sold for little over $4000.. not so many years ago..

Having made a shotgun..I know a little bit about what goes into them.. BUT.. a profit must also be on the table.. The Perazzi chain is short.. Factory.. to California.. to dealer.. Each must make a little bit along the way.. Then you have inport duties and product liability insurance..

The only thing that could make this work is quanity..For that.. it MUST appeal to the masses.. BTW.. I'm also thinking outside the box for a "New" SxS Perazzi that uses the same trigger as a MX series..but SXS.. But that's way down on the list..

All Good.. Mike

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Of course there is the serious potential to devalue the name 'Perazzi'.

I think the re-release of an MX-3 double with fixed chokes and a mx-8 stock fills the bill.

Let the aftermarkets take care of the options.

18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

How about a gun w/ no wood (will take current MX8 stuff, so you can buy used if you like, or have custom made), and have the metal sent in the white to be finished as you see fit...

19. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I will pay $4k for a TM9X!

lovethesport , Daniele has been burning your butt for years. I'm still steaming about his comment in Shotgun Sports magazine a few years ago when asked about his frequent price increases: "Americans will pay."

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

That was my first thought too.. But.. read between the lines in what I write.. and I'm not going to respond to any questions about my comment... If I sold a red hammer for $20.00... and times got tough.. so I painted it blue and sold the same hammer for $10.00.. How would that make me look????

It MUST be different.. it must be easier.. and less timely to manufacture.. The steel and equipment making it will be the same as a brand new $15,000 Perazzi.. Nothing will be out sourced.. It can't take away from the current product line..

The same reasons they made the MX-3 MUST apply here.. To bring the best price one can have..and furnish a full fledge Perazzi.. Everything that makes the Perazzi great must be maintained.. The lipstick and powder can go..

I think this is a GREAT opportunity to rethink some of the designs we've grown accustom to.. but are not functions.. No side ribs..means to me.. no ribs to resolder.. Easily installed barrel hangars..means to me.. adjustable POI..

Large hinge pins of harder steel..means to Perazzi.. the new barrels will not fit the older guns..(1 of their perameters).. To me.. longer life..and with a larger size.. a hard core with a softer center for excellent durability..Don't run with this statement.. I already have a design for the new mono-block..so..you can't allow older barrel on the frame.. It will not be safe.. so just make it impossible..

Maybe add to that.. a larger diameter shaft for the top lever..again.. different than current production.. and even more bulletproof..

This goes on and on.. many of my friends here have E-mailed me directly some wonderful thoughts.. I'm happy to receive any and all thoughts on the subject..I laugh at nothing.. Remember.. I'm on your side..

In the end.. if nothing else.. I'll plant alot of seeds at the factory.. Then it can become their idea.. Which is fine with me.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

balance point perazzi