1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What I

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BROWNST100, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

[​IMG]

I will be in the kitchen all day preparing tonights dinner. Seafood Spaghetti Sauce. The tomatoes are on low and absorbing the flavor of the oregano, basil, bay leaves and garlic. In the mean time I will get the clams, shrimp and scallops ready to add a little later. Homemade garlic bread will help sop up the sauce from my plate.

Vern

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

You are not a nice person, when someone like me is trying to diet and opens your thread and sees that....that....oh the humanity of it all. ; )

When should we be over tonight? Should we bring wine?

3. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Rick...just because your on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu..anyway that's what I tell Brenda all the time.

Seafood diet...see food..eat it....dinner approx. 4:30-5:00 pm.

Vern

4. cementman

cementman Member

How about posting a detailed recipe for that sauce.

5. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

YUM!!! Geeeezzzz Vern, I wish I didn't live a gazillion miles from you, I would join you and Brenda for supper and bring the garlic bread and desert! Do you like homemade german cheesecake with chocolate with a side of french vanilla ice cream? Goes great with spagetti.

Sue

6. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Cementman...I will try...please understand..my Mother was Italian...there was no measured amounts...it was a pinch of this and that. You have to go by your taste buds. I still have the wooden spoon she used on me more than once.

The seafood should be fresh...the shrimp gets cooked in..old bay seasoning with a touch of garlic, black pepper and just a hint of onion. The scallops are warmed with butter and garlic and the clams just warmed slowly till cooked. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN ALL THE SEAFOOD IN COLD WATER BEFORE PREPARING IT.

Fresh tomatoes are cleaned and crushed and pureed with an immersion blender. The more you puree them the thinner the sauce will get. Also when cooking the tomatoes will break down somewhat. So proceed with care.

Add to the tomatoes...freshly, fine cut, oregano--basil and garlic. After the oregano and basil are cut..roll the pieces in your fingers, lightly. This will help in releasing the flavor. Add the oregano, garlic and basil leaves to the tomatoes and add several bay leaves.

The burner should be on low. I add several drops of regular olive oil to the sauce and the herbs. Let on low, occasionally stirring, slowly.

The shrimp can be added to the sauce about 15 to 20 minutes before your ready to eat. I peel the shrimp first and add the juice along with the shrimp. A can of red clam sauce will be added now. Wait till you see the sauce begin to simmmer again then add the clams and after about 5 minutes add the scallops. the scallops need to be in the sauce long enought to absorb the flavor of the sauce...maybe 3 to 5 minutes. Stir slowly and only occasionally.

If you have problems with the acid from the tomatoes..add a little sugar to the sauce and stir, before adding the herbs.

Turn your burner up a little to heat the sauce before serving. It took me years to get it as close to my Mothers as I could but I never seem to get it as good as her Mothers.

Sue & Terry...come on over...you got time to get here.

Let me know how you make out.

Vern

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Tasty looking gravy.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I make a gravy (sauce) with sea food but instead of the tomato sauce I use Virgin Olive Oil, butter, fresh chopped Garlic, Oregano, clams, shrimp, scallops, green onions, and green papper served over Linguine ... Fresh Garlic bread dunked in (warmed) Olive oil and grated cheese instead of butter ... This is one of the favorites of my guys when I was the cook at the Fire House ... Seems like no matter how much I made it was never enough ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I'm going to try the one above with the tomato sauce in the near future ...

9. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

WPT..that is what I grew up knowing as Seafood Scampi.

Vern

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Looks real good Vern, I will try it

11. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lou..you & Deb are welcome anytime.

I'm glad I'm not on clean up detail. First sink load of dishes and cooking utensils.

Vern

12. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

I wish you all could have been here for dinner. It was delicious. I will gladly clean up the mess for such a scrumptious meal when I get home from work.
    Vern is such a wonderful cook, which I am not. Thank you, hunny!!! Love you!!!
    Brenda

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Vern, You've choosen to post pics of my favorite thing to eat. Your just wrong unless of course you invite me offer. Man that looks awesome enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.