1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What I Want for Xmas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

For those who like me, have just about everything, my Wife and I agreed to have my present from her, my Son and my Daughter be a contribution to the Wounded Warrior Project. In turn those presents to my wife will go to the local Food Bank here in North Georgia that is just about broke. I suggest that if you fit this profile, do something different this Christmas and make a donation(s) to needy organizations. You may enjoy it more than that reloader that you want. Merry Christmas!

blade819

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Do some research, not sure if this was the latest chapter of the controversy .....

3. blade819

Frank..... your link doesn't work. However, to my knowledge the clarification/ debate has been settled. However, let's just say that suppose the WWP does not want to publicly endorse gun ownership.... should I withold my contribution that may help a US Soldier that lost a limb or two, or suffers from PTSD, or is burned beyond recognition all in the defense of us and our country? This ain't Bob Costas or politics...Republican vs. Democrats. These are kids who made sacrafices for the United States of America and who are now outreaching for our help. If my stance brings condemnation from anyone on this site, so be it. I'm as pro gun as anyone here and this controversey did not bother me one bit.

blade819

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

There are plenty of charities that help wounded or otherwise adversely affected vets!

5. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I have delivered "Meals on Wheels" in the inner city of Detroit, MI. on Christmas Day for the last 10 years or so. Very satisfying to know that less fortunates will at least have a decent meal on Christmas. One year when we had snow, I spent my time shoveling walks for elderly people while my "girlfriend" delivered the meals. You wouldn't believe the thanks and hugs I got for that.

Chuck

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Blade, let's turn your question around and look at it from the other direction. If helping these people was really important to Wounded Warriors, does it make sense that they should risk turning off legions of gun owners just to make a political correctness statement? To put it another way, which is more important to the organization called Wounded Warriors - wounded warriors or being politically correct? I think we have our answer.
    Until I returned to work recently I taught wingshooting to wounded warriors. They are some of the most enthusiastic shooters you could ever want to meet. I've seen guys and gals with long faces when they arrived who left with smiles. Having seen what I have, and knowing these warriors are trained, disciplined shooters, I think Wounded Warriors snub to the shooting industry was arrogant and ingracious.

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Some of us do this every month, and have for years.

Kip

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Blade, I find it absurd that your good intentions and generosity should be twisted by politics. I commend you and wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Robert

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My only question is why help them only at Christmas. Take some kid or elderly person under you wing. Those that do are storing up treasures in Heaven. Jackie B.

10. blade819

wireguy.... no matter how you twist it,the only relavant question is " should I abstain from helping our wounded vets beacause of a fictional stance on Gun ownership by this organization?" Is that your reason to hold back?

blade819

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I travel a great deal for work.

I approach this in a more personal manner.

I will buy a drink, a meal, I've even sent a case of Tunn Tavern Ale to a Marine. I've always said 'thank you for your service' to men and women in uniform, even given up a seat on a flight so a soldier had a better place to sit.

Perhaps a bit self-serving, but I like to see where my efforts are being used/spent.

That being said, the best is just the conversation with another American in a foreign land waiting for a flight. Our young soldiers really appreciate being acknowledged out in the world. Its easy to turn a lonely corner of an airport restaurant into a piece of home for some soldier who deserves our recognition.

12. blade819

HSLDS.... something is better than nothing. Thank you.

blade819, US Army 66-68

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.