1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What I heard today....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kfbagt, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I called Lawrence in Indiana to inquire about a large shot purchase. I wanted a price for 80 bags of shot without shipping. I figured I could make the drive and pick them up and just make a day of it.

I was told the "bulk" price for that kind of order without shipping was $40 per bag. I very politely informed the lady that I could buy them from my local supplier for $39.50 and she very politely told me that I should buy all I can get at that price because it is getting ready to take a drastic increase.

So, there you go. Something to look forward to.

Paul

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

OUCH!!!!!!OWEEEEEE!!!!!! Guess I'll have to shoot the 10 bird meat shoots & give up those 100 bird shoots. SAD! Ross Puls

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

heard gas was goin to 6.50, that'll make ya glad to pay 4.00

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's all Bush's fault. Just ask Obammy. LOL. Bulge.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It's not Bush's fault. And ask around. Have your ever run into an environmentalist? None in Ohio, or atleast they're not admitting it!

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Lead is not a problem, but greenies and the politicians that listen to them and believe what they spew, now there's the problem!!

Instead of trying to ban lead, they should put there time and effort into nukes that are melting down.

Whats the best protection against radiation? LEAD!!

When you go and get xrays what do they cover you with? A blanket with lead in it.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Wait till they seal those Nuke plants in Japan. Lead will rise substantially.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Paul,

Widener's had on their website that they are expecting a major increase in April or May....

9. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I heard that. I was hoping I might still have time to buy a big load at a discount but I guess I missed the opportunity.

10. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear KFBAGT,
    I haven't seen a volume price discount on lead shot in many years.....since Metalico now owns all the U.S shot mfg. plants. Today I paid 35.95 plus tax per bag of Eagle shot (Made in Peru) and was happy to get it! The truckload my distributor got on Tuesday was gone today!!.......With only one company making shot in the USA, Preservationists, the EPA, tree huggers, have driven shot prices thru the roof!!!.......P.S. Metallico owns all the scrap yards in my area but one. Scrap lead buy price today at the Metalico yard was 15 cents a pound. Scrap price at the independent yard today was 40 cents/lb
    The best shot deals are on Craigs List!!!....Jet Boat Bill

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Might as well buy factory reloads, get the $2 rebate, and sell the hulls. Won't be any savings in reloading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.