1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What I didnt like at Sparta..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Spent the weekend there.. LOVED IT.. nicest large group of people I have ever been around... I didnt even mind the $3 COLD beers.. what I didnt like was.. I didnt know a danged person there.. lol.. I'm sure I walked right past some of you but I didnt know who you were.. would have liked to stop and spoke with you.. It always good to put a face with a name.. over all I really enjoyed everything.. I still cant get over the free shells to try out the new guns with.. have never seen that before.. all the other places I have been you had to pay out the a$$ for the shells to try out the guns... I didnt shoot any but one of the kids in our group did.. no complaints here.. I'll be back next year..

2. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

I didn't like the mean rain. And the tough "big dogs" made me feel inadequate and quite....emasculated?

You guys wanna hurry up and give me a call, you promised.

3. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Anybody wanna stop by im at campsite 1420 or call me 618-838-6530 and we can meet up.

4. david636

david636 TS Member

I was there from Wednesday thru Sunday. What I didn't like was the long lines at 'The Butchers Block'. Although it was well worth the wait.

David

5. Clay Target SSE

Clay Target SSE Active Member

What I don't like is I must wait one whole year before I get to do it again. I LOVE THE GRAND.

Jim

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Was down there Thursday. All the banks were running. Whatta sight. The vendor's stores were crowded even though everyone is broke. There were enough cars that they were parking on the grass at the east end. Headed back this Thursday.

7. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Heading back Thurs myself, hope to see you there skokinpls. Ron

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Never having been there.. I pulled up at the very last field for practice friday evening.. so many people were shooting it sounded like 4-5 top fuel dragsters sitting there with there motors ideling.. pop pop pop pop pop pop pop and an ocassional boom... lol..

9. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

What I didnt like was my son and I both missed our 75 straight by 1 bird, but both posted our personal best. We came home last night and going back thursday night, cant wait. Tony

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I went. It was so hot I didn't shoot. Nice facility though.
    Why not hold it in late September? It seems it's always
    95+ degrees.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

All the kids (pullers, scorers, loaders) are in school in September.

12. dshot

dshot Member

Driving 75 miles one way to shoot from the hotel, than having to drive 75 miles back to the hotel.

13. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

dshot -

There is no need to stay 75 miles away from the WSRC. There are plenty of hotel rooms within 35-40 miles at the most.

Scott

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Pheasantmaster and Recurvy Archer are in camper spot 1401.

I am on a walker and can't get out to visit y'all, but you are welcome to stop by and visit me. I do have cold A/C. :)

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Wish I could've made it Devi. Good luck on your recovery. Best wishes, Bob

16. ramen39

ramen39 Member

I was there Monday. I love going. I didn't shoot but its A great place to do your shopping. I did trade guns and came home A lot lighter than when I went. LOL. Only thing that bothered me was my glasses fogged up every time I came out of A vendors building so half the time I couldn't see.
    Only spent A few hours there but would have loved to have met some of you.
    Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.