1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what hull for CB4100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Em, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

hi all,

New to using CB4100 lightning wads.

I recognize that larger Federal type wads can be used in tapered base hulls like AA's and the converse is not true.

What is the 4100 best suited for (Federal or Rem/AA)?

What is your favorite load in 7/8 or 1 Oz(Hull, powder and primer)?

thanks !

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Above is the link from Claybuster for recipes for that wad for all the common hulls. Mark

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Right, all are shown on the bag label as well but what or where do they shine?

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I used to use them for all my loads when I tried Federal ammo for a year or two as they fit those straight-walled hulls well while not being as heavy and stiff as Federal wads, which always seemed to increase felt recoil for me.

If you measure the diameter of their over-powder cup, you will find that they are in between the diameter of a wad for tapered hulls and ones for straight-walled hulls. Some years ago, the founder of Claybuster wads (Bill something) told me that he used them in every one of his load recipes as they have a 1-1/8-depth shot cup that can be used with everything from 7/8s to 1-1/8 and they fit both straight-walled and tapered hulls. They can be too tall if you use a bulky powder, however.

Ed

5. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I have used them for the red AA hulls with no problems.

Allen

6. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I use the claybuster windjammers and they're excellent! I use them in STS, Nitro, Federal Paper, old style Winchester AA's and Peters Blue Magic. They have an excellent pattern in all hulls.

Shoot well, often & safely,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.