1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What holds you back?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The problem is definately related to one's brain. The electric current which keeps the brain functioning short circuits. I can hear the arcing that that takes place when a short circuit exists. HMB

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I shoot for fun. I don't do it to eat or to survive. I found that the quickest way to take all the fun out of something was to get deadly serious about it and turn it into work. I don't see my attitude as "holding me back"...I'm simply proceeding at my own pace and going as far and as fast as I feel like going.

Mike

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If I had the money I could make the time.

4. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Time, money, and the lack of youth.

5. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

For me it's all mental. Like HMB it is the arcing in the brain. As I extend the run to finish a 100 straight, I begin to hear sounds like a fuse box shorting out. I've started wearing headphones with music and it seems to quiet the chattering and buzzing in my head. We'll see how it works at the Southern Grand.

Rick

6. tonyd642

tonyd642 TS Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Lack of focus. I have been able to break most of the targets since I was 20 years old. I can still break most of them, but my mind really wanders anymore.

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Time, money, mental ability.

Decent size skeet shoots are are now $45-50 a 100 before options. As in registered trap, registered skeet is a miss and out game. I have better things to spend $250 + travel on.

I enjoy shooting with my friends and on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I wish we had a league, but the club is not interested.

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Weather is a big influence for me here in Northwestern Pa. Activity slows down big time in October and really doesn't pick up much until May. Practice is always available but during those severe winters is really not much fun. I went to Florida for the month of March last year and had a blast at the Southern Grand and the Florida State Shoot. I am working on doing that a lot more in coming years. I think I could get used to that !! Uncle Sam, Pa.

10. Loyac

Loyac Member

Keeping in mind that trapshooting is a "fun outdoors activity" for me... and I want to keep it that way.

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

59 y/o, floaters in both eyes, arthritic joints, etc.

But really, partly I'm just lazy & partly I blame that little devil sitting up on my shoulder distracting me from concentrating.

John C. Saubak

12. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I think it's the gun, if I just had a ....

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"Desire", I have lost my desire to shoot as much as I once did for a multitude of reasons ... I no longer have the desire to sit at a trap club all day long to get in 200 handicap targets, and I no longer desire killing time during the wait between the events ... I have lost much of my desire knowing I will probably never attend the Grand American again because of the distance to it, and the additional driving once you get there, to and from any accommidations one could find in the area ... I have lost my desire to support the ATA/EC because of the created separation between them and the membership they are supposed to represent after finding out a lot about the inner workings of the same and what they expect to be supplied by some clubs, while I was involved with the old Phx Trap and Skeet Club ... The list goes on and on but in the end it all boils down to "DESIRE" and the lack of on my part ... I still like to go out and shoot a few rounds at the local club, but on my time and when I want to without the hassles of "hurry up and wait" at the registered shoots ... I guess I just wasted enough time and energy over the years and with everything compounded have had enough ... I will still shoot registered targets when I want, if I want but that will not be anything like it used to be ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Not enough time. When the kids were younger I felt bad everytime I left for an all day shoot. Now their out of college, and I still don't have time. Parents need help, my wife plans something, the kids plan something, meetings, deadlines, schedules and business. Then again, if I were a multimillionaire, I could affort to pay someone to do all this stuff for me. So I'm changing my ansewer.....

It's MONEY!

15. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Some of the most fun I've had is on blow-your-hat-off days, with raindrops on my glasses, where conditions are so pathetic I start giggling, and my squadmates do too. Those days remind me I want my shooting to be fun. If it ever becomes deadly work I'll quit. Life's too short. And that attitude holds me back from being as "good" as I know I could be. Phil E

16. southpark

southpark TS Member

Poor fitting stock.

Lack of practice.

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Phil, I've shot my best scores on days like that, too.

Fpr me, it's lack of experience. It's difficult to catch up to people who have been shooting for many years.

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

All the advice I read on this site.....

19. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Michael: Very good question. Days when I've been in a groove and simply couldn't miss have been times of great joy & relaxation, too. Thanks. Phil E

20. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Money. Fee's, shot, wads, primers, powder and so on. I now have to look for a replacement gun. I'm on my third rebuilt and I do not want to spend the money for a fourth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.