1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What have I done?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Lowered your POI.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Moving the rear sight (your eye via the comb) changes the POI in the direction it was moved. Moving the front sight changes the POI in the opposite direction than it was moved (barrel is now pointed further away from the target when the front sight gets to it). Moving the rear of the adjustable rib (if possible) only changes the sight picture as it doesn't change the alignment of the two sights (your eye and the front sight).

Ed

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Lowered your POI, and slightly changed the rib sight picture.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

lowered it

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

on mine it dosent matter what I do to the rib........I don't look at the beads....and you shouldn't either....focus on the bird and forget about the beads, raise or lower your comb to get the breaks you want.......your scores will go up......adjustable ribs only make you bead check all the time.....forget about them, and just go after the birds with a vengeance , worry about the stock fitting you!!

tony

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Tony, any time you move the front sight, you change POI. You may not conciously look at the sights, but your brain needs something for a reference to know when to issure the "fire" command to your finger.

I agree that the adjustable comb is the best POI adjusting tool on the gun but moving the front sight is a great way to fine-tune the POI and moving it does make a difference. Remember the early adjustable rib guns without adjustable combs?

Ed

7. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

If Walrus' 682 is a combo, he is working with a gun with a fixed POI for the over/under barrels.

With a Kolar Trap Unsingle Combo, you adjust the comb to the correct POI for the top O/U barrel. Then you change barrel hangers to adjust the POI for the bottom barrel. Then you adjust the rib front on the unsingle barrel for correct singles POI. For handicap, you may or may not have to add a shim to the comb.

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

ed.......you are correct, in my opinion there could be a "cheaper way to get you sight picture you want" once you get the gun set up!!....I am there!

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.