1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Have I Been Doing Today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have been getting ready for winter.
    auctioneer_2009_0507153.jpg

auctioneer_2009_0507154.jpg

auctioneer_2009_0507155.jpg

The first pic is the load on the truck that I'm taking to the woodshed. The second pic is what I still have to move. The third in the back are 4 truck loads that I still have to split.

2. Auctioneer

All in all I think I have about 10 to 11 cords for the woodshed. I have 3 bays that hold 7 cords each. I think I can fill 1 and 1/2 bays of the three. I still have more wood to come.

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I used to do that till I got tired---Now I'm into Nat-gas---They were the good old days----Nothing like the feeling of a wood fire coming in from a hunting trip----gL and don't hurt your back----George

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I don't know, that kinda looks like that four letter word to me (work).

I think I am starting to feel nauseous.

Think I better go lay down.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I only like to cut wood when the temp is below freezing. That is work, that will make you sweat.

I've got a bunch of logs stacked up off the ground seasoning, that I probably won't cut up till December.

I wish we could fast forward to October at least. I hate summer. The next 6 months will be a living hell: ticks, snakes, skeeters, posion ivy, heat and humidity..........

Everybody promised me things would change when I got older. They said I would look forward to summer over the winter, for me it is going just the other way. The older I get the more I like winter. Summer will just work you to death with all the lawn mowing and garden work. The winter? Just kick back and enjoy. Moving snow with the skid steer is fun. Mowing grass has never been fun.

6. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Someone once told me that firewood warms you about 7 times.

1. when you cut it

2. when you load it

3. when you unload it

4. when you split it

5. when you stack it

6. when you carry it in

and 7. when you burn it

Nice looking old barn.

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Yeah but Bisi, you shoot in the summer!

8. Auctioneer

Most of the time I cut it. Slit it and throw it in the truck then stack it. In this case I had to grab the wood and put it in the field till I was able to slit it. There was a big wind storm that went through this area and I got a hell of alot of wood out of that.

9. Auctioneer

BigBadBob, I will bring back the thread of what I was doing earlier this month on the barn. I think you will like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.