1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What has Winchester done for you?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzitmxshooter, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzitmxshooter

perazzitmxshooter Member

Last August, at the GRAND AMERICA, I went to Winchester with a factory Super Handicap shell with an obvious caulked wad. They took the shell got my name and address. Said they would take care of it and appoligized. Well they took care of it. They sent me a five dollar gift card for the winchester ammo. This won't even pay for a box of shells!

I went to Federal with a new paper 3 dram 71/2 shell with a bad crimped brass base. Devin Harris handed me a new box of shells right there. That is great customer relations.

Tell me what Winchester has done for you.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I sent back 19 defective shells to Remington a few weeks ago. Rec'd in Loanoke on the 13th. Haven't heard anything back yet, but didn't really expect to this quickly.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You only had one bad Winchester shell. I think the $5 should cover that one shell. That said, in 2007 at the Grand Remington gave me a free box after i found a bulged STS shell in one of my boxes that would not chamber. It was a nice gesture but i don't expect free-bees for every little thing. Just Say'n..............

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I also shoot with a TMX and Winchester has sold me a lot of shells both AA and SuperTarget that have worked very well for me. I personally have had some duds with Remington Gun Clubs and Federal Top Gun shells so no manufacturer is perfect.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

perazzitmxshooter, I got the same thing!

Hap

6. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

What's a "caulked" wad? I think Matt makes a good point.

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

One bad Winchester shell with a cocked wad (if so) could possibly have had serious consequences if shot, and possibly injured the shooter or fellow shooters!! Look at your ammo if you are shooting new. If the shell looks "funny" just don't shove it in the chamber and fire. Remember all the "blown up gun" threads with people shooting (so they said) new factory ammo.

It only takes one------------I would say just say'n, but can't stand that phrase - I'll say, "Know what I mean."

Rod

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

They sent me my rebate from shells bought at the grand which is more than Remington did for shells I bought at the sw grand last spring----are you listening Remington-----I didn't think so

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I had a gold medal paper that was defective at the Grand in 2002. They said it was my gun.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Shooting geese, my L.C. Smith Specialty double - blew a 6 inch section out of the left barrel. I contacted the Winchester rep who asked me to send in the shells, new and hulls.

THE FACTORY sent a letter asking me to send in the Smith and they sent me a nib 101.

Of course this was back in the '70's and that was then - - -

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've had excellent communication from Winchester over the years on two occasions... most recently I opened a case of sealed steel shells and found a couple boxes partially filled with a couple of shells actually glued to the underside of a case flap... upon opening the flap the glued shells were flattened.

I clearly detailed the situation in an email, offered to send the shells (declined), but did send lot panels, UPC code off the case and only requested comensation for a replacement quantity... Winchester was more than generous... ponied up nearly a full case in $$$ coupons...

Previous to that I found a few actual empty 209 primers in a couple of trays, in one box... offered to send the primers, but East Alton said not necessary... again, sent the tray sleeves with lot numbers and received discount coupons equalling 1 box of primers (1000)...

I have nothing negative to say about Winchester C/S...

Jay

12. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

maybe its time to start reloading your own?

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As per several of the above comments very poor luck with WW but they did make Rem. & Fed. happy, because I now use Rem. & Fed ammo. Ross Puls

14. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Don't like it, don't buy it! Go make your own. I am not brand loyal like I used to be. Times have changed and so have I. Americans have bought anything and everything both foreign and domestic. Buy American should be law here! No P,K or B guns, no Toyota's, Honda's or Benz's etc. People die for freedom and the privilege to buy American.

Harry

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"People die for freedom and the privilege to buy American."

No, people die for the freedom of choice. Not having a choice is what seperates the USA from the Communist run Countries. Just Say'n...................

16. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Tell that to my father and the 13 guys on my street who died for your "choice".
    You want choice go die for it. His motto "Protect your job, buy American". Back your own country.

Harry

17. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Seems pretty fair. You're talking about one shell not a box or flat. They will make good on any problem without a doubt.

I once had an issue with a box of Remington Steel Shot. They sent me return postage and paperwork to send it off. Sent back about 2/3 - 1/2+ box, got complete refund check and letter acknowlegeing problem and an explination of what went wrong with process. More than I ever expected.

Would think any shell problem is a safety issue and they have to address it. But, I could be wrong.

18. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Golly, Eddie. Those are bee-u-tee-ful shells. Thanks for the photos. Mike

19. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

The lawyer mentality has gotten to us; we think we're entitled to much more than our actual loss..... It's the "American Way" of today. Mike

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I've had problems with every american shotshell manufacturer. All have responded with freebees. Winchester has even sent what the results of their testing were. How a company responds to problems is a good indicator of their commitment to their customers. I think they are all good, just not perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.