1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What % has never broke 100 Straight ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

What percent of trap shooters have never shot a 100 Straight ?

Combine local Sunday afternoon shooters, league shooters, and ATA registered shooters.

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Don't know actual % but I'll bet it's HIGH (I'm in that group--99s but no 100s) my personal best was 93 missed # 94. 2 weeks later did it again, guess I need a good swift kick in the back side. grin --Ross Puls

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm in that % that has not. Like Ross, i have "99's" but that "100" still eludes me. All in due time.

Matt

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Hammer 1 if you were to have in your mind the Liberty Bell, the shape is as follows, the AAA shooters at the narrow top, slightly wider the AA shooters, regress and you will get the A shape, ,B, C, the D shooters, they comprise the widest part of the bottom of the bell, no disrespect, just the combination of poor gun fit, and very low impacting guns, compound that with the advise of other sub-D shooters now you have the bell., incinerate em!

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

One more for the % that is not. I just cannot keep my head on the stock 100 times in a row.

John E.

6. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I sure wish this forum format would allow polls:( Me: No, not one 100 straight.

Anyway I find it unfair to ask the question and include the recreational league shooter or "Sunday" shooter. Most of them really dont take it to seriously...(sorry for generalizing) because I know some do. I would be more curious of the registered shooters.

I really wonder what percentage of registered shooters have shot 100 straights???

7. bigben

bigben Active Member

Hammer ! my "bell" was based on ATA shooters, it would be lower otherwise! incinerate em!

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Back in the days of posted written scores my friend would write in (when no one was looking) a fictitious name, J.C. Peavatos, and a score for him of 100.

Ol' J.C. lead all categories for years.

9. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I've had only one. It was on open trap night at a local club, but hey, they keep score. Been an ATA shooter for 2 months and so far I've registered 300 singles; I broke 99 of the 3rd 100. My gun has a flat rib with no center bead, a fixed full choke and a fixed, non-adjustable comb. It shoots 50/50 and I have no plans to change it. For the conceptually challenged, 50/50 means 0 inches high at any distance.....not left, right, low or high, but right where I look. There IS more than one way to skin a cat.

[​IMG]

10. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

97 straight but not 100 yet...

Doc

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ask Neil Winston. He probably knows.

12. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Just in my immediate family of shooters, 4 of 6 have accomplished the 100 straight.

Just thinking about the guys that I shoot with, or have shot with the most, and the percentage of 'got the 100's' is well above 50%.

I'm guessing, without any data to back it up, the number is between 20 - 30% if you were to poll just active ATA shooters.

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

No, but I broke 200 once!!

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'll bet the majority (>50%) have not registered a 100 x 100 in any event. That is why we make a point of slapping each other on the back and shaking hands when one of our shooting buddies puts it all together on an event - because it is special and significant.

I have done it several times in singles but it never gets old or routine (at least for me). That old 100 x 100 smile is usually visable for days.

15. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

The number is high. If we could collect reliable data, which we can't, it would show something like 90% or more haven't run 100 straight.

I've only shot 100x100 once. I've shot several 98s, but never a 99.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

OK, that was funny Dawg. I'll give ya that one. LMAO

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have numerous 100s and 200s on singles, one 100 in handicap from 24 yards and have not yet shot a 100 in doubles, I don't shoot many doubles, I have I believe 2 99s from the 27, bunch of 97s & several 98s.

On 100 in handicaps it would be in the .05 percent or lower especially from the 27 yard line. In other words damn few but they do happen more now on 2 hole targets.

Maybe the ATA could come up w/ a percentage of 100s in each category, I don't think they have delved into this?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. drejw2

drejw2 Member

I started shooting trap 19 months ago, last September I had a 97/100 that was my best at our club handicap championship (I'm at the 20 line). this October, in an ATA handicap shoot my second ever, got a 93/100 . Looking forward for next month's local ATA event.
    I can't seem to keep my head down. At the end of the shoot I had a huge swelling on my right cheek. My gun was recoiling up. I am trying the coins trick to adjust the pitch, it is working for now. I also ordered an add on rib. We'll see the effect.

19. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

If you break down the shooters into two groups; those who shoot registered targets and those who do not, I think you'll find the percentages swing, a great deal. For one thing, many of the club shooters, at least in this area, seldom shoot more than a few rounds per session, mostly it's a couple of 16's and a round of caps, coffee & cake with the boys then back home. Not only that, the league shoots in these parts, are 50 target events or combining 50 singles & 50 caps. In many instances, I believe, it's simply a case of opportunity.

When it comes to registered shoots I'd say there are many more 100 straight scores than you'd think. (I'm talking singles, here) Just go to JR Stewart website and look at the pages and pages of 'em at the Grand, then look at the PA & Ohio State shoots. It's not always the same guys/ladies, either. At those shoots, from class "C" up, if you didn't break 100, you've lost.

best....mike

20. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

It's pretty much impossible to know the answer to the OP's question without asking every individual shooter.

But to put some perspective on the accomplishment, out of 167,405 100-target singles registered in 2011, there were 3,705 100x100s, or 2.21%. The most common score was 96 (12,970).

Out of 45,368 200-target singles registered, there were 350 200x200 (0.77%). The most common score in a 200-target event was 194 (2,331).

There are probably a few more 100 straights and 200 hundred straights than I've indicated because there are some marathon targets that are entered in as a total out of 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 or 800. But the individual scores aren't broken out.

In handicap, there were 69 100 straights registered out of 200,234 (0.03%). The most common 100-target handicap score was 89 (13,173).

In doubles, there were 289 100 straights registered out of 106,559 (0.27%). The most common 100-target doubles score was 89 (5,176).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what percentage if shooters run 50 straight