1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what has it cost you to shoot ata trap /life

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i was wondering if you ever figured how much it has cost you shooting ata targets over the life of your career? i am trying to figure mine. i have about 45,000 total targets with the ata since 1992 .

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Honestly it makes no difference. It's a very nice hobby.

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Interesting Subject.We could create a long list. But were would a man start.
    To late to start at beginning.
    Wish all a good 2008 shooting year.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have made more money because of trapshooting than I would ever had without the game in my life.

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

No comment, other than it's cheaper than boating. Todd

6. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I don't want to know....

7. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

in 35 years of shooting I could have bought a farm, but have had a ton of enjoyment. 130,000 registered.
    ftlupton

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I have spent much more money off-shore fishing. Elk hunting never came cheap either. matter fact, I cannot think of a single thing that is fun, takes more than 10 minutes and is free or even cheap.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Zara,

Because trapshooting has always been expensive, the more I shot the more money I needed to make. I had no dependent kids to motivate me so shooting took their place.

I was always looking for ways to make enough money to keep pace with my trapshooting habit. It was a great motivator in that regard and made me a better person in the long run.

10. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Just enjoy it Earl. You are analyzing too much again. Breathe deeply. Relax.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Several years ago, I sold some comercial property free and clear, bought a very nice trap gun and ran over three tons of shot through it the first year I had it.

What has shooting cost me since 1958? If I figured that out I would probably need a beer!

12. nicky

nicky Member

Well Earl here we go, purchased a house to operate shooting out of (180,000.00)
    purchased cars/trucks to haul me to the shoots (135,000.00), bill's related ie. ins.,utilities,ect. est. in last 20 yrs. to support operation headquarters approx.(145,000.00), est. taxes (government doesn't want you to have too much fun)(300,000.00),food, motels ect.(who knows),Purchased a boat to go relax on after a bad day of trap shooting (25,000.00) Earl I think we are up to about $785,000.00 and then my wife looked over my shoulder and saw what I was typing. Man if Jenny figures in guns, shells, entry fees, travel, gas, and so on my shooting just might end up costing me a whole lot more. I better delete this post before she reads it. Wish me luck , Kevin

13. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Explain cost. Are you reducing expenses by cash amounts won on options/added money? What about merchandise such as TV's, guns, etc. won?

14. bow377

bow377 TS Member

I really don't have a clue, I'm a man kept and my wife doesn't tell me.

15. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Talked with a fellow in Florida last winter and he has about 1.5 million birds and he climbs it cost him about a dollar a bird.

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Is trapshooting a perversion? Nobody makes any money out of shooting - something like trying to make money associating with wicked women. Where is the Home for Rich Retired Trapshooters?

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

an old friend and veteran trapshooter said he figured it was about a buck a target....he's probably right....and I've got 55,000 or so registered targets so far...money well spent!!

18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

your last line says it all, Jerry!! Ron in AB.

19. guncase

guncase TS Member

I have 280,000 registered targets and almost the same "practice" targets in 40 yrs of playing the game. Hasn't cost,, It paid. In the people who came through my life!
    Gotta agree with Barry about the money,, I had to work hard to raise my 5 kids and find a way to shoot!!

And agree with Jerry,, If it wasn't for my friends I couldn't have done it! They are always there to offer a helping hand. Hell, they carried my bag and gun for the last 100 of the Wisc. 16 yd so I could make it.

I wouldn't change a thing!! Even the shoot-offs that went the other way, I was never a loser!!!!!! Paul

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Dumb question.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.