1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What has happened to us? O/T

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Our government has gone amuck the last few years, maybe 20 or so,,,,I just can't imagine LYING, brazen LYING to the normal man and woman who voted for them,,,,it is bad enough that they get people to BELIEVE some of the stuff they say,,,,then they sell me, my kids, and my grandkids down the river,,,,there is no way this can ever be paid for by my heirs,,,,it is just bribery and theft,,,,I just don't understand how you can treat your fellow man and even your own family this way,,,,what happened to us a society,,,,it is so sad and really PISSES me off!!!!

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

"Sleazy" politics today.

Obama has perverted the country with the backing of the hippies of the 60's and the "Progressives" of the 70's.

Now is the time to step-up and support your country.

3. bigdogtx

There are over 1700 earmarks in the Defense bill and untold numbers in the "healthcare" bill....

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I am now looking forward to the shit hitting the fan,,this must stop and I'm thinking the only way is with ????????? use your own imagination,,,sad but true,,they won't listen the people sooooooooooo,,whats left????

What do you do with a dog that won't quit biting you??????????

What did you do to the bully in school that wouldn't leave you alone??????

Damn sad situation and I don't have the answer,,,,,,,

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This was taken from a paper written a little over 233 years ago.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government,"

Gentlemen, it is time we prepared to do our duty.

6. BudLight

BudLight Member

Check the website.

7. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs&feature=youtube_gdata

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Lawyers are the down fall of this country,it's as simple as that.

They have showed the big companies how to move our jobs overseas.

Most all in politics are lawyers.

Cutting deals behind closed doors that effect you and I.

Lawyers coaching the bankers and Ceos how to screw you and I.

I think it's called Whats in it for me.

Classic example the health care bill.

Bo

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Stop your whinning! your problem is that you haven't had to live in Illinois for your entire life. Had you then this is normal and you wouldn't be as upset as you are. This is what we have lived with since the start of Illinois as a state. It must be something in the soil! I have three years till I retire and I'm out of here.

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Someone already said it. You have witnessed the Baby Boomer generation take over. Born after WWII into the most prosperous nation the world has ever seen each one with a silver spoon in their mouth. Never struggled for anything and never appreciated the sacrifice of others. Now they want everything given to them by the government but they don't want to pay for it themselves. They don't want to work hard but want to live rich. They discarded the old morality but have nothing better to replace it with. It only takes one bad generation to destroy everything.

11. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Vote OUT all Incumbants...They should be limited to a maximum of two terms and have the same Insurance and Retirement pay that we have...NO EXCEPTIONS...Odie

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bruce,

The problem with the Illinois voters is that they can't reach down in their pants and get the same count twice. Illinois voters must be happy with current
    arrangements otherwise they organize and run these bums out of town on a rail.

If you cut the head off the snake (chicago) the rest of it dies.......

13. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

The problem is dummying down of America. Starting in the 60s, achieving a high level of education was look down upon. Competition was bad, and everyone had the “right” to pass the class and love one another. Now we have approximately 50% of our society that can barely talk, let alone speak proper English. They have no idea what is going on, and don’t care except for where the next handout is coming from. Although these people can barely read, they do vote, and I am afraid that the democrats have figured out how to get their votes. I have had many foreign students stay with me over the years, including many Chinese students, and I can tell you we are in BIG TROUBLE. I’m afraid we are doomed as a country if we don’t get this turned around quickly. God help us.

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Unsingle has it right, there has been a decline in America that started with an attack on how people think. I can take it one step deeper. That is when our nation decided not to be afraid of GOD anymore. I don't care if you think you are an atheist, you have to admit, this was a lot better country when most the population was afraid of GOD and lived their lives by biblical principles. Look at our politicians, those crooked jokers just grin at us, they do not even feel bad about tearing down this country, as long as they get theirs. At least if they were afraid of GOD they would feel guilty about it.

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

daddio, your right but the corruption runs so deep it is virtualy impossible to run the corruption out of the state without a total recall of every politican in the state. ARe best hope for our government (fed) is that congress turns Republican then the carniage can be stopped

16. bigdogtx

Bruce,,,,we have some on the R side as well as the D side,,,,we need a conservative side, whether that be in the form of a D or an R,,,,Leo and Unsingle may have hit on it,,,,when we took God out of the schools and ultimately the home, we as a society started down the path of unrighteousness,,,,from divorce, to abortion, to promiscuity, to the lack of morals,,,,we have lost respect for life and therefore, each other....

I can't remember which President made the comment about character is what you do when no one is looking or will find out, or something to that order,,,,many young ones don't understand that you have to do what is RIGHT whether anyone sees it or not....

This trully saddens me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.