1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*What has Happened to Country Music?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

It has been deleted, it seems.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Buncha belly-button teeny boppers whose main qualification is they can shake that ass...that's what happened.

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Times change, so does music! What happened to Glenn Miller?! Yeah, same thing. Everything comes and goes. Country now does not sell, pop country however, it's doing pretty well.
    -Tarppy

4. shark1

shark1 Member

David allen Coe darn good show. I bet you he is not playing Obamas party? Buck Owens thats country.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy12

"Times change, so does music! What happened to Glenn Miller?! Yeah, same thing. Everything comes and goes. Country now does not sell, pop country however, it's doing pretty well. -Tarppy"

Before I give my opinion let me say I think your new signature is an improvement "Tarppy"

You can make excuses for changing the the music all you want. There is however no way you can make Kid Rock into Kid Country. He is just another Dirt Bag that dwells in Rock. Anyone that even thinks he has belongs in Country music is just as big a dirt bag as he is.

Bob Lawless

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

The new material is what the producers in Nashville want.

They want to apeal to the young set.

They say this is what sells.

Write a tear jerkin,beer drinking song and they will laugh you out the door.

That is where country went.

Bo

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i agree with ivanhoe.i am closer to being an astronaut that kid rock is being a country musician. good thang we still got alan jackson & george straight. dwain

8. psfive

psfive Member

What Ivanhoe and dbc61451 said!!! Paul

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buck Owens passed away........

10. SR1

SR1 TS Member

What about all the rock tunes remade into so called country by cross over artists what a joke. Kid Rock has done his thing but there is alot more "country stars" that have stolen rock songs and tried to make it come across as a new counrty tune.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It's still out there, just not at Nashvegas, as they will only put out stuff that makes tons of money.

The good country now is called "Americana" we have/had a station in the Dallas area KHYI 95.3 that plays it, but they are starting to lean towards the Nashvegas shit.

We need more Robert Earl Keene, Jerry Jeff Walker, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Max Stalling, Steve Earle, Chris Knight, John Eaglesmith,Guy Clark, Mark David Manders, Gary P Nunn, and the list goes on.

That's some good music

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

SR1

"What about all the rock tunes remade into so called country by cross over artists what a joke"

Could you please be more specific just what tunes are you referring to?

"Kid Rock has done his thing but there is alot more "country stars" that have stolen rock songs and tried to make it come across as a new counrty tune."

Your correct Kid Rock has done his thing unfortunately his thing in most cases can't be mentioned in polite company. He is in Jail/Court every time you turn around for beating up on some slob. Just because he is drunk, high, or just in a bad mood. He is one some sex tape or other. He is such a scumbag that he make someone that (you say has stolen a rock song)look like sweet little angels

Kid Rock can't get any lower in the barrel, he is rock bottom. As far as stealing songs with copyright and recording rights and what ever else it takes to record another songwriter material I hardly think Steal is the proper word.

Bob Lawless

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I kind of like Patsy Kline myself. And I have everything the Carter Family and Johnny Cash ever recorded.

This new stuff is more like blues-rock with some steel guitar added.

Much of it sounds good to me.

I set up the jukebox for Texas Road House here when it was built. of course I copied all 52 CD's.

HM

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

They forgot where they came from....country songs used to be "about" something". Now it's all about the beat and the "hook". Substance, message and great musicianship are secondary. JMHO.

15. TIPPEDWAD

TIPPEDWAD TS Member

Get a couple Waylon Jennings CD's and really listen to the talent and voice that this guy had. There were some real good ones in that era, but he really
    is one of the best talents and voices there was. As these guys die off,
    we are left with the new stuff, it's ok, but no-where near as good.

16. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I remember when it used to be good country music...with feelings. No more. Mostly now (except for a few singers who write their own) lyrics are written by professional(?) writers who know absolutely nothing about inserting feelings into a song. Write a song about "lost love and missed opportunities and it would go to Nr one very quickly. They were about lifes ups and downs. All this crap these so called professionals put out now days all sounds alike. No uniqueness.

A couple of the greatest writers were Kris Kristofferson and Harlan Howard.

BB

17. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I love old country music, new country music and everything in-between. My all time favorite is George Jones, but I also enjoy the songs I've heard from Kid Rock. My second favorite is Martina McBride, but I also love the sound of that teeny bopper Taylor Swift. Shame on me.

18. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

We got one year of satelite radio with the new Jeep and my favorite station is "Bluegrass".

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What, y'all don't like Josh Turner?!!!!

20. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Yep, I like Josh Turner too, but not as much as the girls do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
what happened to country music
what has happened to country music

what has happened to country music since 2010