1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What happens when...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Back in the 80's and early 90's a local gun store here sold huge amounts of Colt 1911 El Jefe and El Capitan 38 Super revolvers to legal (green card) aliens.

Why 38 Super? Because 45 ACP and 9mm are banned for civilian ownership in Mexico.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

How do you know what immigrants know? In your mind, it seems that all immigrants must be destitute illiterates who lived in isolation from the rest of the planet. That's what the media reports so that's the scenario that's being perpetuated. To vote, they must be citizens; to become citizens they need to be educated in the laws and customs of American society. Most of them will end up knowing more about what goes on in your country that you do.

Do other people lie awake at night thinking up things to worry about? Of course... that's one of the things that keeps rumor boards like this alive.

MK

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Most of them will end up knowing more about what goes on in your country that you do".

Are you saying our Public School system is a failure? or They will believe network news more than most people do!

If they attend our schools, they will be "illiterates" on the history and customs of this country.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The OP was worried about voters overwhelming his opinion. My statement was in reference to adult immigrants who would be able to own/use guns and vote sooner than later.

Is our public school system a failure? No! Considering that the teaching staff is expected to not only teach their subject but also to fill the duties of drug/alcohol counselors, pregnancy counselors, police, psychologists, baby sitters, crisis arbitrators and on and on, I'm surprised that they seem to do as well as they do.

Network news? It reports what sells or draws viewers in the way that does it best. The American media stopped being anywhere near objective or impartial before WW II and it's been going downhill since then. For whatever reason, it doesn't sell ad time to report on immigrants who are doing well in their communities or who have brought new ideas to the US. The media makes more money stirring the pot by reporting otherwise. And if that's what your media reports AND you are naive enough to believe that if it's in print or on TV it must be true then, yes, they will believe the American media just as much as the American sheeple do now.

MK

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Timberfaller, I hate to tell you but our public school system is a failure! But I think you implied that in your post. Bill

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

They will have a profound effect on all parts of our lives. Think of complete domination by the left not just guns but everything.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

rpeerless........

"No, I am worried that my vote, or my voice on issues that I care about will be cancelled out by uninformed and in some cases uneducated voters."

You're too late, pal. It already has happened. They, the uninformed and uneducated voters, elected Obama...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Ya Bill, you are right.

I knew it was a failure while I was still going there back in the early 70's

When I got married just out of high school my wife and I both said "none of our kids will ever go to a public school" They didn't! and are better for it!

We have 4 great and "smart" kids, no longer kids, they are all in their 30's

9. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Here's a few other things to consider:

-- there are plenty of uneducated, uniformed and ignorant American voters.
    -- there are more imigrants in the US than the one you know or tha you have lived next to or hired etc.
    -- the next generations of shot gun sports enthusuants will be and are brown, black, yellow, and all sorts of in between colors who originated from all sorts of countries other than Mexico

Most importantly, unless you are 100% American Indian, you are the descendent of immigants. Look at US history...less than 100 years ago there was all sorts of racial and ethnic tension in the US. All the WHITE americans hated each other -- italians, polish, germans, english, irish, etc. The only difference now is that color is easier to focus on -- which brings up the question...is mexican a color?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.