1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Happens If.......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WonderBoy, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

So there is no question that the chance to win $100,000 is exciting. Based on the qualifications to have a chance at the prize you must shoot 4 of the 9 events. There are supposed to be 10 people shooting off for this and its supposed to be the Champ of each of the events. But what were to happen if the champ thru the last place (for example trophies are champ thru 5th) don't qualify by shooting enough events. Would that leave that spot unfilled in the $100,000 event? I would think that there might be a chance of this happening, especially in the prelim week.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

We'll just keep going down the list of shooters until we find shooter(s) who qualify.

3. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

OK I guess I let something out...If there are 5 trophies that are shot off for and say that there are five 100 straights so places 1 thru 5 are the only thing that is shot off for but none of those people will qualify because they don't shoot 4 events, and there are 12 99's but we don't shoot off for 99's because there would be no trophy, who of the 12 99's would get the spot or does it go unfilled?

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

In your second scenario, those qualifiers with 99s would have to shoot-off for the spot.

5. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

OK but the problem is, who would know until is was too late that the five 100's straight weren't gonna qualify because they shot it in event 2 and you wouldnt know if they qualified until they shot at least 4 handicap events...Just my thoughts...I'm probably thinking too much about this since it probably wont happen, but what if.....

Oh yeah to donate $100,000, is an amazing thing to do, so thank you. I believe attendance will be up because of it.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

There's a 4 or 5 person committee that is looking at all the information regarding the various qualifiers. They'll know sooner than anybody that word would need to get out to shooters further down the list that they would need to "shoot-off" for the spot.

And, yes, some of those people might have left the shoot already and thus would forfeit the opportunity. But that's no different than the situation in any other shoot-off.

The best advice is: make absolutely certain that there is no way you can be in a shoot-off before you leave the shoot.

Oh, and one other thing, I didn't donate the $100k, but I'll pass your thanks on to Bill and LeeAnn when I see them.

7. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

He picked a good name...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.