1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to the issues?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That's right, what happened?

Iraq, Border security, abortion, etc.

Is it possible the collapse of the markets overshadows what was formerly thought important?

I have heard no position on illegals from either of these candidates.

This is something that has really messed up our country too. Why no talk on it?

HM

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

The issues are the same as they always have been: economy, the war on terror, work to get ahead or sit on your a** and let the government take care of you, choose life over abortion, blah, blah, blah. Neither one of the two main candidates wants to address the issues, especially the one with the funny name and the elitist delivery. I'm voting McCain simply on one basis, my enjoyment of shooting, hunting and the possibility of being able to defend my home and family. In my state and the one just north of it, we have to do it "in the home" because we're the only two without CCWs. Obama is on record as opposing that but that is preaching to the choir.

3. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

How about getting back to the most important issue of all, the right to life.

Abortion violates the natural law, which forms the underpinnings of all of our laws in this country. To allow it is to allow an intrinsic evil to fester in our society, affecting not only the unborn child, but every citizen in the country.

Education, health care, employment, the economy, etc. are non-issues for the unborn who is killed.

Economists bemoan the fact that in our aging society, the number of younger people working is becoming too small to support the retired population, which is being unpatriotic by living too long. Maybe if we had not killed 48 million babies since 1973, we would not have this problem. Don't think liberals don't have other plans to deal with that excess of older folks. Euthanasia, voluntary now, is here in several states and the liberals will make it non-voluntary before too long if we let them.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They want to worry about Sarah Palin's dresses, but 20 million illegal invaders to our country don't get a word.

I am not a McCain Fan, but this time I will hold my nose and vote my gun rights.

I still wish more of the serious concerns would be brought up.

(sure wish I got to ask a debate question)

HM

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've wondered about that too. Six months ago all we heard about was the burning issue of illegal immigration? Not a word about that now........they must'a all went back home?

John c. Saubak

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

MoveOn.org and other character assassination groups are outcome based. They just want to WIN at all costs. Lies, disinformation, misinformation, distortions, half-truths, fabrications all dispensed with much MALICE is the specialty of the house. Issues really don't matter. Demonizing the opposition is what wins elections....sad but true.....

If you were to objectively analyze the last 40 to 50 liberal press interviews with Sarah...(they fear her more than McCain) you would see blatant malice and fabrications aimed at humiliating, demonizing and harassing the woman....

Ironically, all these liberals are adamant their children not be "bullied" in public settings, when they are the worst kind of COWARDLY BULLIES......

Vote McCain/Palin -Make Jane Fonda Unhappy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.