1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to the BLASER???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Just happened to see a magazine cover this morning and there was a BLASER o/u. This was to be end all trap gun and it did definitely have some very interesting features and the company history is excellent. I had one in my hands once and it was a very nice gun. Where did it go?? Why?? While everybody said it would fly and Guerini would fall flat---well that was not he case. Wonder what happened?

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have tryed a Blaser Trap at a shoot. It was nice but not as nice a Guerini.
    I bough the Guerini Trap and like it so much I went out and got a sporting Guerini. I did try a Blaser sporting also and the same thing happen. The Blaser stayed on the shelf. I'm sure the Blaser works for many people but not me. It is a great gun but it has to fit you and for the money they want for it you should soot one frist.
    Guerini will send a gun to the dealer and let you try one before you buy it. It can't be any better then that.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Chango2 has one I think that he wants to sell. He is on vacation until the 10th but PM him if you want

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Jim- What are you talking about? Blaser is alive and well in san antonio after a couple moves. In fact, they picked up 5-6 of the top 15 or so sporting clays shooters this year. Head gunsmith @ krieghoff is now CEO i think, and Rich Kaysa is the president (or possibly vice versa).

5. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Blaser is an overpriced, over hyped hunk of mim crap. Just my opinion of course. CG on the other hand are nice guns with features for the different clay sports and hunting and are well liked.

6. Steven

Steven TS Member

Great looking guns so I called Blaser and asked them to send me a brochure. They were very nice until I told them I was from Canada and they hung the phone up on me TWICE. Poorly managed company in my opinion and your product is only as good as your employees. So off I when to Kolar and Krieghoff for a brochure. Can't imagine trying to get one fixed if thats Blasers attitude towards Canadians.

7. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

For those who dont know mim stands for, metal injection molding. It is very much like injection molding a plastic part except they use a slury of fine metal particals suspended in a polymer base. The slury is squirted into the mold its then heated enough to burn off the polymer and out of the mold comes a nearly finished part. Saves money and finish time and allows complex designs . Most custom gunmakers call them squirted parts and prefer parts machined from bar stock. Mim parts are kinda the equivilent to partical board compared to a solid walnut blank. for what its worth.......

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE : Canada

I know several sporting clays shooter in Quebec who purchased a Blazer from FN Sports.

9. Steven

Steven TS Member

Joe, Most Canadians don't consider Quebec part of Canada anymore. As they have their own rules and laws. Until they need money, then they call us all brothers.
    I am sure there are some Blasers in Ontario, but Blaser should have given me the dealers phone number rather than hanging up the phone on me.

10. skeet_man

Steven- Its possible that the Blaser USA contingent of Blaser is not allowed to speak with any foreign customers as per their licensing agreement (or law)?? Stranger things have happened. I really doubt they hung up the phone on you to be rude. Try contacting Blaser directly in Germany, they can probably direct you to the distributor/dealer in your area.

11. Steven

Steven TS Member

I don't remember ever having a vote on this subject!! But they have my vote to secede. Land lock them and starve them into submission.

12. skeet_man

Can anyone cite their source on the MIM information about the f3 Blaser?

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

#1 the gun is hardly junk. 2. How much of it is mim? They have steel inserts on the breach face. I do not to drop a forend iron they tend to be a bit brittle in the thin area. Barrels are the equal to many top guns and better than most. Great triggers better than the early Guerinni's. One of the best triggers you will find without having to work on them.

The problems with the Blaser. Poor stock design and no adj rib on the O/U.

I spoke with Blaser about this prior to production but the US President at the time wouldn't listen to the Trapshooter's. (he was a recycled know it all non trap shooter from benelli/Beretta who has since left that company as well) Caesar Guerinni listened to what trap shooters wanted and made a good package for a bit less money.

Now that Norbert formerly of Krieghoff is calling the shots I understand they have new better designed stocks for the target shooters. I think it is a great gun and would be a fine gun for a singles only shooter.

when they re tool for an adjustable rib o/u they will have a competive O/U as well.

Joe

14. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

my opinion is a good gun , in its price range,i like the triggers, dis-like stocck, great balance, i would choose it for SPORTING over others in price.

15. skeet_man

Sorry to have to correct the info about how the blasers are mfg, but from the May/June 06 issue of ClayShootingUSA:

Elsewhere, technology rules.
    In an almost surgical environment,
    ranks of CNC machines turn out
    micron perfect clones of receiver
    and lock parts from blocks of solid
    steel. Alongside them are wire
    EDM (Electrical Discharge
    Machining) units

The barrels are hammer forged
    in the highest grade steel and
    arrive at Isny as near-finished
    single tubes from another group
    company. They are joined to the
    monobloc with a secret mixture of
    soft and silver solder.

THE PRECISION OF EDM MACHINING
    IS SHOWN BY THIS BEFORE AND
    AFTER SHOT OF THE MONOBLOC

http://www.clayshootingusa.com/readers/archive/may_jun06/New%20Kid%20in%20Town.pdf

Don't see anything about the forend iron, but that would be the only other major piece made out of metal, and no mention whatsoever about MIM being used.

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim: moonlake.de in B.C. Just did a search on Blaser

17. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Norbert is now the CEO of Blaser USA. Rich Kaysa is the VP of Sales and Marketing in the US. Norbert and Rich are both true gentlemen and very knowledgeble about fine shotgun design. Norbert was instrumental in the design of the K-20 while he was at Krieghoff. I talked to both of these men at the Safari Club show last month. They are near complete with a re-design of their shotgun and will have it on the market soon.

I look for any problems with the F-3 gun to be former problems and nobody will stand behind his product better than Norbert. Being a Krieghoff man, it will be hard for me to switch trap guns but I plan to try one for sporting/hunting. They are priced considerably less then the higher priced guns and will be a strong competitor in the mid-priced range.

Mark Zauhar

18. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Mark, I agree that both Norbert Haussmann and Rich Kaysa will work very hard to put Blaser very near the top of the competitive gun market. Their work ethic is second to none; both are world-class gunsmiths; and when it comes to designing competitive guns for Trap, Sporting or Skeet, no one better knows what competitive shooters want in their guns. Anyone who under-estimates the brand BLASER, is short sighted about what lies ahead for this re-energized brand. It is rare today to find anyone more loyal to their customers than Norbert & Rich, and they will succeed, because of their never say quit attitude. Go boys!

19. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

I purchased one from Pacific Sporting in July of 2007. It was one of the first generation guns in the US. Some of the issues I had included the comb of the stock cracking (replaced) and the internals were also upgraded. After taking a lesson from Will Fennel, he informed me I was looking through my thumb, that the grip curvature was wrong and to either get the gun restocked or have it repaired. I sold the gun and have since purchased a Perazzi MX8 from Giacomo. I am finally in a gun that actually fits and my scores and confidence have improved.

Harvard

20. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

There are always a ton of them for sale in Texas that have been shot "only a few times". That's because some top shooters are being sponsored to shoot the guns and convince others to use them. Mmost people quickly dump them after being pounded near death by the recoil. Many have the stocks butchered first in an attempt to make them more comfortable.

The have very good triggers but that's about the extent of the positives to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser soot

blaser sponsored shooters
bleasar shoot
bleasar soot
bleassar
bleassar boys
nice blaser soot
rich kaysa