1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to our military?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Aug 15, 2013.

1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I scanned this picture from a prominent article in today's Columbus, OH Dispatch newspaper. It makes me sick to think that the military I served in for 23 years has come to this. The article went on to describe full benefits for the "spouse" in homosexual marriages and informed us that those homosexuals who are in states that don't recognize homosexual marriage would be granted non-chargeable leave to go somewhere that does recognize and allow homosexuals to marry.

[​IMG]

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

It goes to show how the mood is changing in this country.

The Dispatch used to be a conservative paper, but no more.

I refuse to subscribe, and by the telephone solicitations and inserts I get in the little local papers,their subscribers are thinning.

Regards......Gerald

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Disgusting!

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Never ever will get used to it. My first two days in Marine Boot Camp at PI got rid of all the gays ( they would not have made it anyway) and it should be that way still

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Makes me want to puke

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Women in the military could be a powerful secret weapon.

Imagine unleashing a battalion of women with PMS and assault weapons on the Taliban.

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good one Brian!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bring back the blanket party.

HM

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The picture and instance shown certainly doesn't warrant a statement of "what happened to our military"! Ignore the picture! OUR military is a strong as ever and is composed,(99 percent) of some of the most courageous patriotic young men and women ever. In my business, especially over the past 5 years, I have had a chance to work closely with many of them at Fort Carson, Fort Campbell and Fort Benning. I would have been lucky to have any of them as my bunker partner while serving in Southeast Asia in 1967.

blade819
    US Army 1966-68

10. Catpower

What are the different colored belts for? Reflectors?

The reason I was asking is before I went in the USAF a car plowed into a flight of troops marching one night, so they started making everybody carry a flashlight with a fluorescent green baton off the ends of them when marching after dark

The flights looked like great big inch worms when they were marching, when they were swinging their arm backwards, it looked liked like the whole flight froze, then it would jerk forward on the next step

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Great pics barfin!

blade819

12. Catpower

I was just wondering, thanks

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You have to want to be a Marine and it's not easy. However, once a Marine always a Marine. USMC 64-67.

14. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

For the problem, refer back to the picture in the first post.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The left calls having queers in the military "progress".

16. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

They absolutely deserve respect for serving their country. However, being a former marine grunt i can tell you this. Having openly gay as well as women in a infantry or front line combat unit is nothing but trouble. A large part of the bonding and unit cohesion that happens is because of being able to say things around your brothers and not having to worry if you are being pc! Also being in the field i can tell you for certain that i and every one in my platoon have seen and talked about every guys anatomy in the platoon, everyone saw each poop, pee, and everything else without worry of offense. I cant believe the what they are doing to the military in a short amount of time.

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

What was once considered degenerate is now touted as good. What was once sin is now considered saintly. The problem is not with the military, it's with us. "Professing to be wise we became fools, worshipping the creature rather than the creator and so God gave us over to corruption" I'm paraphrasing Romans but the gist is there. Many, many many of us are damned for our lack of respect for God's laws. We have become like Rome or Sodom and Gomorrah and we will end up as they did for exactly the same reason unless we turn away from evil and repent. It's pretty simple really.

18. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

To all you gents who served and those that didn't there has always been gays in the military. @ Cubancigar2000..boot camp didn't weed out gays..lol I bet 90% of the guys who washed out during basic training were straight.

As Rick Barker stated "I would think gays have served in the military, since man started throwing rocks and chucking spears at each other. No matter if gays were in the armies of ancient Greece, or the Roman Empire or our armed forces of today, It is not something I care about. The problem with the PC crowd is they think we who find it objectionable, must be exposed to it."

Personally, I could care less if they are gay, as long as they were there when you needed them in a fire fight etc. Being gay is thier sexuality/lifestyle it doesn't mean they are cowards, shirkers or pansies. It doesnt mean there interested in every single gy in a unit. That is pure stupidity. They are attracted to others like them.

I recently seen a expose on this Navy Seal who was gay and going through a sex change. This guy was hard core..a born killer. I doubt if any of you guys on here would say anything deragatory to this guy. I know..I sure the hell wouldn't. If they work, pay taxes, serve the country and are not involved in crime, I don't give a damn who they live or sleeping with. It's not my business.

Rick
    USMC
    74-79

19. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Ponytail in Wi--last statement should be required reading for all Republican candidates- If you want to win forget about gays & abortion.

Phil Berkowitz

20. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Pretty tough to forget about abortion. 7,000 daily murders of unborn children.

Search tags for this page

gays in the military are nothing but trouble