1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened to Jim Elliott/Pres.Sac Trap In Sacr

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dianne F, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dianne F

Dianne F TS Member

I'm DESPERATELY trying to do everything I can to help in his prosicution...In the meantime, Don,t let this slime-ball ruin your enjoyment of the sport!!! I wish you all the best!

2. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

185 hits on this thread without a comment! Seems like inquiring minds want to know more about this subject. Any further details? This is the gossip section, RIGHT?

Gene

3. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

IN JAIL!

4. zap

zap TS Member

For those doubting folks that might recall my long ago comments reguarding Mr. Elliott I can only say i told you so. I honestly do not take any delight in this as he was responsible for leading the sacto members along and professing he /they had it all under control and never gave anyone the straight scoop!!

I suggest that this be a very hard earned lesson, and in the future demand of your board members accountability, or get the hell rid of them.

I took a lot of heat , for a long time pointing out the obvious(to me) Mr. elliott and his cronies duped the members of the club.

Sadly it is a mute point now with respect to the club, but those responsible need to be remembered should a bright light shine down and a new club venue become available.

again, i take no delight in mr Elliots plight,however folks deserve to get whats coming to them for their miss deads.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

So tell us what was he charged with and convicted of ..? Inquiring minds want to know ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What's the skinny??

Curt

7. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Why not just google Jim Elliott Sacramento embezzlement and see what pops up?

8. Warren Hamatani

Warren Hamatani Member

Jim Elliott was arrested for embezzling over $51000 in cash from the Sacramento Trapshooting Club. There is an additional $17000 in components and shell sales which also can not be accounted for.
    On June 11th, 2009, the Prosecuting Attorney and Mr. Elliott's Public Defender were unable to reach a restitution agreement. The preliminary hearing for his trial is set for July 22nd 2009.
    It appears all the financial records from the Sacramento Trapshooting Club have been destroyed which bascially will destroy the Sacramento Trapshooting Club.
    I have put several previous posts concerning the above matter, unfortunately, they were quickly removed.

Warren Hamatani

9. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Odd that they would be removed. This stuff is now a matter of public record.

It certainly seems like financial shenanigans of this sort are something that the trapshooting sport in general needs to know about and guard against.

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

11. zap

zap TS Member

Warren, How ,or who in the world would remove your posts?? I think that when someone, like yourself, posts their concerns , facts or simply expresses questions reguarding an issue like this they need to remain and be renewed.

Warren, if you have some idea who would have been in a position to remove your posts and or why please let us know as that in and of itself is intollerable.

12. Warren Hamatani

Warren Hamatani Member

I believe only a moderator has the ability to remove a post. Mr. Elliott's arrest report is also on the PITA forum.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If the accusations and charges are valid he should burn in HELL along with anyone else who would do something like this to any club, anyplace ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Nitro 27, I was following your original complaints and remarks of which you speak and I confirm that you did take a lot of flack. But let's be honest about the reason for that. Whether your accusations and complaints about Mr. Elliot had any truth to them, at the time, much of the flack you suffered was your refusal to identify yourself which made your accusations suspect. I kept out of the foray at that time but firmly believe anyone accusing someone as you did needed to have the courage to stand up and be known. I'd wager you would have had a lot more support if you had displayed that courage....breakemall....Bob Dodd

15. zap

zap TS Member

B Dodd, You are probably correct.

16. Warren Hamatani

Warren Hamatani Member

to the top for Jim

17. Warren Hamatani

Warren Hamatani Member

Mr. Elliott's trial readiness conference is scheduled on 1-21-10 at the Sacramento County Main Jail. If a plea bargain cannot be reached for his felony embezzlement charge, the trial is set to start on 1-28-10 at the Sacramento Downtown Courthouse.

If you go to the above website under the criminal section, you can view his recent activities. His cross reference number is 781239.

Warren Hamatani

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Warren, I couldn't find anything with the number you posted? Nor could I locate Jim Elliott on file?? Hap

19. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.