1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to all the nasty O/T threads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Satch, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satch

Satch TS Member

Haven't been by the site in a few weeks and something's not right. The threads are almost all about Trapshooting, and people are being reasonably civil. What the hell has happened to TS.com???

2. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

The moderators have cleaned up the site.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

In a nutshell, the owner of the site nearly pulled the plug in total disgust with how things were going. With some re-vamping, agreeing to abide by rules, and appointment of moderators, he's permitted us to enjoy the site as it was meant to be originally. Re-reading some of the rules and remarks below the submission area may remind you of how we're asked to behave.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trapshooter's are more sensitive now. We're going to usher in a new President with serial numbers on our shells....

Curt

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It appears as though the moderators of this site are watching it a lot closer and have a ZERO tolerance for what has happened in the past. It really is amazing, isn't it? Nice to visit T/S.com again.... Thanks to everyone
    involved.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I like it a lot better....and wish to thank the moderator(s) for their efforts.

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I like it a LOT better now. Steve

8. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

The Mod Squad struck with a vengance.
    You can still josh with people, you just cant cuss them or call them bad names.
    Nor can you make a post that is vulgar or hurtful, or other wise in what is generally considerd poor taste.

For instance I could call grnberetcj Mr. Sensitivity, and that he is in love with Hillary. But I could not call him a no good $%^&&*%^&&*, or make some ethnic slur about him (or anyone else.)

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Please lets keep it like it is!!!!! Bill

10. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

This is the kinder and gentler TS.com. I applaud David and the Mods. A huge improvement.

11. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

moderators got my vote also. I like the sire much better without all the B.S. and profane stuff some people were writing. I think that it will improve the information that we send and receive. Thanks for doing a nice job and keep the jerks off this site motordoc

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

satch:

A variation on nasty was the obnoxiously sarcastic and entirely unhelpful responses posters so often received when asking for information, advice, or guidance.

If you haven’t yet read the thread titled, “OT Toilet/Drain Problem” a poster asked for input to diagnose the likely cause of a slow running commode. His request was followed by eleven posts offering helpful suggestions. The twelfth post was Prince of Dullness suggesting “jiggling the handle” which earned Mr. Dullness a public admonishment from a moderator.

TS.com has been a genuine pleasure to visit since the worst offenders have been “invited to leave” and the perpetual food fights have come to an end.

sissy

13. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

I think it's become as boring as watching grass grow.

Maybe you be be doing something else...moderator

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

It is pretty pleasant with the majority of the Richard Cranium types gone.

15. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

May be Bernie, but I for one like it much better. J.Woolsey

16. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bernie:

Nothing about the new and improved TS.com limits the exchange of ideas and opinions even if the exchange gets spirited… or heated.

I’m not sure how you define interesting but I found poorly behaved dimwits calling each other axxholes in a perpetual food fight REALLY boring. Listening to them defend their bad behavior as "noble” on the grounds of free speech was really bizarre.

sissy

17. flylta

flylta TS Member

My compliments to the owner and mods. This site IS called trapshooters.com go to the forums for all the other BS if that's what you want to talk about. I originally joined here to learn more about this sport and it had gotten to where I had to scroll through a ton of O/T threads to find a few about trap and then half the replys were sarcastic remarks.

I too would like to add my thinks to the David and the Mods!

Ron

18. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

It is a pleasure to visit TS.com.

19. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I like it much better now also and thanks to David and the mods for the good job they are doing. I think the efforts to stop the mulitple sign on names has a lot to do with the more civilized atmosphere too.

Ross

20. Mo Bill

Mo Bill Member

The site is infinitely better than it was.I note that Phil Kiner posted
    a few times recently.It would be great to have more of our top shooters
    contribute.I believe they will if we keep the site civil and without
    the sophomoric BS.

Mo Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.