1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What happend to all the tm 1's up for sale?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by 7771, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

What happend to all the tm 1

At one point there used to be a ton of tm 1's on here for sale.. did the supply run out?

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Shooters have rediscovered how nice they shoot and are now going to keep them!

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Price is going up.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

0   0   0

If you're serious abt wanting one (and you have all or most of your money rounded up.):

- Tell Jack (MIA) you want one

- Drop a note to Doug Braker (Gun Dr), too. He's worked on 2/3 of them ever imported: Ithaca, Winchester and Los Angeles.

- Contact Mike (Perazzi Bib Bore). If there's a zebra stripe type 3 with dinged wood & good internals, he'll know of it.

- Talk to Steve W. He's forgotten more about Perazzi than Danielle knew.

and wait patiently .... it shouldn't take long.

Yeah, all will make a few bucks off you, but there is no danger any of them will bend you over the pool table.

You'll have a singles and handicap gun you can never outshoot.

Bob

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Mostly they were older Ithaca guns or wide rib Winchester imports. I hav enot seen a Perazzi USA for awhile or a "Special". It is difficult to find unmolested (to a fault) guns since most of these guns have had multiple owners and have travelled thru time periods when porting was in, odd cut-outs for adjustble combs, shortened to accomodate smaller shooters, devices to counteract the recoil of a light gun and on and on adn on. But sit tight as more guns will begin to show up as seeasonal shoooting plans hav enot been worked and as guys begin to gun up for th e2011 season.

6. checker

checker Member

0   0   0

Anybody got a TM-1 L ... Lusso Grade? Rare Deal? Thanks from my family....Joey and Jim

[​IMG]

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

TM 1 and BT 99's forever guns biggest bang for the buck in a break open gun voted best buy according to owner loyalty. Such graceful lines and classic styling one of the nicest looking gun ever made IMHO.
    oldoneeye_2008_030347.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030342.jpg

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You sold the one you had so that one is gone.

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Old One Eye, you got it right. TM1 and original BT-99 are the best looking singles since the Parker SBT.

Receivers are perfectly proportioned to the gun, not too long, no odd angles, and no cheap looking screwed down access plate. Graceful line is what's missing in some over priced, so call "hand made" guns.

Besides their good looks, they are great shooters.

10. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

my dad sold his and got an xt combo now i wish i would have gotten a tm when they were cheaper

11. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

0   0   0

DB Bill has it right. After getting excited about the new TM9, I looked closely at a TM1 and for the life of me , I couldn't see the price difference. I think other people are seeing it that way too. Great guns !

12. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member

0   0   0

I have a TMX 32" bbl with a G squared stock. Wilkinson did the barrel work and Roger Eubanks did the rib. 3500.00 to your FFL.

I also have a TM1 32" bbl.G squared stock, some engraving on the receiver. 2900.00 to your FFL.

Also a TM1 32" bbl standard stock. 1600.00 to your FFL.

Rich Davis
    760-435-4456

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

For what it's worth.. I only make a few dollars when I part out a gun.. Other than that..I just pass along information and try to help my friends.. I thought that what friends were for.. I've never asked.. or accept "bidrdogs"..For helping to sell a gun..

I've worked countless hours with my fellow shooters..and have never accepted more than a cup of coffee as a thank you.. One group of guys from San Antonio..which I quickly returned the $200 they stuffed in my hand.. I found later that day..stuck in the seat of my truck.. Other than that..I love my guns.. I love to help people.. That's what this sport is all about..

It's not about a market place to profit from your friends..

All Good.. Mike

14. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I recently bought a very nice TMS at a bargain basement price. I intended turning the gun for a nice profit. Gun is tight and only shows slight blueing wear. After careful examination I have decided to keep the gun. It looks to have many years of useful life left before requiring service.

When comparing a nice older TM-1 with the new TM-9 I fail to see value in the TM-9. Sure the rib is more graceful and the wood slightly fancier, but at what cost? I feel that a nice TM-1 could be bought and completely redone by Doug Braker or Giacomo for less than 1/4 the price of a new TM9. Perhaps many owners of the TM-1 feel the same way and have decided to keep them. Personally I feel Perazzi's pricing on the TM9 to be more than excessive. One would think that with CAD/CAM the quality should go up and the price come down. Has not been demonstrated to my satisfaction. I love Perazzi's but probably will never buy another new one. Marc

15. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

0   0   0

Etchen has one for $1500. GaryL.

16. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

0   0   0

If you'll just wait one of these will come along,,,Thanks Marc,,great gun and still has never seen a trap club,,made in 1978,,

17. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OICU812 That the one your asking $1,500 for ?

Would you take $1,200 and pay shipping ?

18. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

0   0   0

Alf,,change drugs,,that one ain't workin,,,,,lol

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OK you win $1,250.00 and I pay shipping .

20. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

0   0   0

deal,,now hold your breath,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll get back to ya,,,,,,,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.