1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What gun trades did you do in 2007?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

Bought and resold a M12 skeet, a Browning Grade 5, 28 gauge, a Remington 31 TC, and an Ithaca 37T. Sold a Browning XS skeet and Krieghoff KX5 to buy a Kolar Skeet, tubes and case. Bought a M12 and restocked it with wood to fit me. Traded a Beretta ASE and a Poli sxs for a Krieghoff K20. Later upgraded the K20 to a Superscroll model. Traded a Browning XT for .410 barrels for the K20. Makes me tired just thinking about all that.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I traded my credit card for a Beretta 32" 686 White Onyx and the deal still aint complete cause I still aint fully paid the balance so would it count or not count as being a 2007 trade?

3. Questor

Questor TS Member

I sold the youth guns my kids outgrew and bought a trap gun and a 12 gauge reloader.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Bought a Joel Etchen 687 Combo, Bought two M12 Trap guns(a 4 digit and a Y Model), Bought a MX3 Top Single, Traded an XT for a Model 42 and an 870 20 ga, Traded a Beretta 686 Trap Combo for a 1990 17' Champion Bass Boat..Bought a Ruger Mini30 and a .223 barrel for my Encore to shoot Coyotes. Still looking for hte "REAL DEAL"...lb

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Traded a brand new Beretta 12 ga Auto{camo} for an old Ithaca 10 ga magnum auto.God, that thing is heavy!

6. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Traded a Walther bullpup .22 rifle in on a Browning .22 rifle

Sold a S&W .357 revolver

Sold a Merkel .270 Stalking Rifle (single shot)

Gave a dandy Remington 31 trap gun with a Money Maker rib to my son-in-law

Gave a Cooper .22 with a Leopold scope to my son-in-law

Gave a Model 12 with Seminole choke tubes to my son

Gave a beautiful Model 12 with an Eyster barrell job to my son

So, lost 7 and picked 1 up for a net loss of 6

And I feel good about it. I am down now to:

1 deer rifle (Styer 6.5x55 with Zeiss scope)
    2 .22 rifles - Browning .22 and an old Remington Model 12 I have had for 49 years
    1 revolver - Colt Python
    1 shotgun - DT10 (trap, skeet, sporting clays, doves)
    2 muzzeloaders - a custom made one and an original antique that is shootable

It has taken me a long time to figure out that if you have too many guns you can't shoot any of them very well. Although I am in the market for a 20 gauge Remington Model 31 with a solid rib.

Dan

ps - plan on giving the old antique muzzeloader to my daughter for Christmas to hang above the mantle in their new house. I used to hunt with it but it is retired now

7. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Traded 2 11-87's, 2 1100's, and a Rem Peerless for a Beretta AL 391 Gold Teknys Target.

Took same Beretta, traded it for a Perazzi MT-6.

Traded Springfield Armory M1A and Ruger M77 for mint condition BT-99 Plus.

Traded Perazzi and Browning in on a great Rem 90T.

Bought Remingtion XR100, chambered .308 Win as a retirement gift to me.

Bought Beretta A303. Great all-purpose gun.

Bougth Ruger RL, 20ga. Great skeet gun.

Dennis

8. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Traded;
    BT99, Remington 3200, Citori Plus, and a KS-5 for an almost new Kolar Unsingle, then bought a set of O/U barrels to make it a combo.
    Bought a new XT for the wife and gave a 90T to my son. WOW, all that in one year. I'm done!!!

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

I wouldn't know where to start.

Steve

10. redix

redix TS Member

Bought a Sako Deluxe .338, an S&W .44 mag, an S&W .357, a Winchester 52 & an Anschutz .22.
    Sold a Kemen O/U Trap gun & an Anschutz .22.

11. striper

striper Member

Bought 2 mod 12 traps one pigeon grade and the other a beautiful mod 12 with some of the prettiest wood and checkering. However, could not shoot it so one day guy offered me what I paid for it and off it went. Kept the mod 12 pigeon that has some of the best deep engraving I have ever seen. Hope one day to restock it with great piece of wood. This gun is a keeper.

12. bkms

bkms Member

Bought a Caesar Guerini Magnus SP, sold Perazzi MT-6 with tubes, sold Win 101 three barrel skeet set, sold 3 model 1100's, sold benelli super sport, sport 2, super black eagle, M1 super 90, bought a Buffalo Classic 45-70, bought benelli M2 12 and 20 ga, bought and resold old standard weight A5 to a friend that wanted it, custom made over/under muzzleloader 12ga, and if my deer hunting doesnt improve the next item will be my H&K model 770 with schmidt bender 2 1/2x10x56 scope. Then i can buy more shells, lol. Wife asked this morning what i wanted for xmas and i showed her a pic of a Krieghoff and said buy me that, how much she says, i said only about $28,000. I dont think i am getting it for xmas, damn the bad luck. Bob........

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I guess I got the BEST trade. I traded six WWII M-1 rifles for six WWII French military rifles.....they had never been fired and dropped only once!

14. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

none still shooting same 31TC, i have shot for a number of years [i'm in vet class] i do have a couple others i take out & play with once in a while. but about 99%of the time old faithful goes out , she has served very well, i have shot off & on since early 60's pretty steady since 86 not too many registered lots of what i call meat shoots, annie oakleys brother in law follow the leader etc.

15. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Bought my stepson an 1100 Classic Trap to shoot SCTP trap.

Sold a CZ 27 pistol, bought a Mossberg 500 Trap for me.

16. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Nope - just 1 son, 1 daughter and 1 son-in-law.

I sort of hand picked my son-in-law. Long story. But I used to take him fishing when he was a young boy. And it wasn't until later that I realized that he liked to hang around me because of my daughter. Took him fishing one time for smallmouth. We were canoeing a local river. And he hooked himself in the scalp (pretty deep and nasty). I told him we'd just go ahead and paddle to the take out and I would take him to the hospital. And he said "Naw, just cut the line and let's keep fishing" I have liked the young man ever since.
    Years later I encouraged him to ask my daughter out. The rest is history.

I even let him hunt my deer stands this year and helped him drag out a nice 8 point. I have given him guns, Leica binoculars, Winston fly rod and all sorts of camping stuff. And I know he really appreciates it. He has written some very heart felt thank you notes to me.

I am just grateful that my daughter married a fine young Christian man that likes to hunt and fish rather than some bozo wearing polo shirts that likes to golf. He treats my daughter very well.

Dan

ps - I also like my son's Chinese girlfriend a lot. She loves to fly fish with me. My crystal ball predicts that if they marry I will lose some more of my Winston rods. And that is fine with me.

17. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Bought 90T

bought TM-1

bought 2nd TM-1

Sold 1st TM-1

Bought TM-1

Bought 3200 combo w/Baker unsingle barrel

Bought TMX Special

Sold 1 st TM-1

Bought MX-10 RS combo

I like buying but not good at selling. Ben