1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

What gun is Kim Rhode shooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Does anyone know what gun Kim Rhode shoots? does she shoot the same gun in trap? Also I heard she had her gun stolen awhile back and switched, anyone know what gun was stolen? just curious!
  2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Perazzi.... I believe she shoots the same gun at trap although different barrels.

Tom
  3. Steve W

Steve W Active Member

She shoots her MX-12 for 4 Olympics, now she is using a MX-2000S (same coil spring as MX-12) that was donated to her during the lost of her old MX-12. The MX-12 was recovered 4 month after stolen.

The old MX-12 has 26" barrel.

Now she use the MX-2000S with different barrels and forends between skeet & trap.
  4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Perazzi page lists her as shooting a MX-2000/8
  5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Active Member

It looks to be a sporting forend on the gun she's shooting now...
  6. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

Looks like an MX2000 with a custom stock/forend.

avaldes_2008_030315.jpg
  7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

I learn something new all the time...I thought they recovered her stolen gun...but then again I thought the stolen gun she had shot was a Mirage...my bad oops : ((
  8. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

They did recover her MX12. Clearly she is not shooting it in this event.
  9. keqwow

keqwow TS Member

According to a few interviews and notes I've read, they recovered her old gun, but by the time that happened she had gotten used to her new one, so that is what she now shoots.
  10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Thanks for the info guys..I thought they did get it back...lets face it though..she could break a hundred with a broomstick : ))
  11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well according to the first guy who interviewed her, she is shooting a rifle. Sheeshhh :)P)
  12. slide action

slide action Active Member

She stated she shoots the same gun for both. She changes the barrels and forend(both fitted to the gun) when she changes events. The info about her old gun is correct. By the time it was recovered,she had grown accustomed to shooting her new one and only uses the old one as an emerg. back up.
  13. dead on 4

dead on 4 Active Member

She did recover her gun and retired it. The Perazzi she's shooting now is stocked by Wenig with quite a bit of offset.

Surfer
  14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

One wonders what kind of wood is used, how the gun is prepped, what spares she can take to the Olympics. In London, she'd be a long way from home. The stock must be made from wood that just will not fracture, super reliability over being pretty, etc.

Oh, and one cannot say enough about what a nice, real, genuine person Kim has always been and continues to be. And she has shot as well as anybody for over two decades! Congrats to Kim!
  15. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

Spare parts should not be a problem at the olympics-the major players in that game(beretta, perazzi, hammerli, walther, etc) almost always have gunsmiths and parts available to the shooters. rick zino
  16. DB Bill

DB Bill Member

I recall reading somewhere that Perazzi periodically provides her with several new shotguns and I'm pretty sure she will receive an SCO ORO for winning the Gold in Skeet. If she doubles up and wins the Gold in Women's Trap she'll probably get another one.

500 birds a day(minimum)in practice -- and she's out almost every day -- well over 100,000 a year at the practice traps.
  17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Let's give credit to Oak Tree gun club in Santa Clarita [Newhall]. Calif. This is Kim's training grounds. They supply the machines and targets. At the range Kim and dad [Richard] are completely approchable... Autographs and pictures with Kim are doable for no cost... just ask. All of us out here [back home] are so proud of her! Fred and Samantha
  18. acorange

acorange Member

I think I read Winchester reloads for her....
  19. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

Kim leaves a mountain of empties behind when she practices. Cool for the shell pickers :)
  20. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Member

Kim is still a young lady and should have several more olympics in front of her. I'll bet that the eastern block countries wish she would "politely leave"
    WHAT A NATIONAL TREASURE!! But alas, since she does not play with a ball, she goes largely un-noticed. By the way, according to the NBC sports casters, shooting is a "fringe sport". They showed a full hour of ladies fencing--NOW THERE is a hot bed of activity!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.