1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What gun/gun mfgr. would you compare a Guerini to?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rawhohusaglocol, Jul 7, 2013.

1. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

Please provide any input as to which target shotgun or target shotgun manufacturer would compare to a Caesar Guerini. I'm not really familiar with CG except for the fact that they provide exceptional service. I'm more interested in knowing about the quality of their product, upsides, downsides, etc. Your honest opinions would be very much appreciated.

John

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Id probably put them in with Beretta 682's...

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

B. Rizzini with more options and choices.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

low end Perazzis with non removeable triggers

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

SKB. Lots of folks down here buying them and reselling shortly after.

Have heard them referred to as "cheesy Guerini"

Never owned one, but had a chance to shoot the doubles gun and didn't find the quality to be anything but about a 5 on a scale of 10. Rib vibrated and trigger wasn't all that likeable. (creep)

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

LOL! SKB ranks just ahead of Huglu. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with CG. CG is well ahead of Browning and Beretta, but below Kriieghoff & Perazzi.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Having shot my Apex Trap Combo for the past 3 years without experiencing one problem, I'd say they are a step below Perrazzi. You see as many CG's on the line today as you do K Guns and the other top 2 brands.

blade819

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Perazzi.....

9. pizza gun

pizza gun Member

Fancy Browning without the reliability

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

"You see as many CG's on the line today as you do K Guns and the other top 2 brands."

I'd like to go the the Grand, or any big shoot, and bet a few grand on that.

-Gary

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I see a few answers from people who expect the gun to do all the work. lol

I've had Brownings, Berettas, Winchesters and Remingtons and they all shot as good as I aimed them.

The quality is better than those just mentioned and the service is second to none.

12. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I liken them to the Springfield Armory line of XD semi automatic pistols.

Take a mediocre gun and give it cosmetic flair. Spend an inordinate amount of capital on marketing. Profit.

I don't care for the design, especially the lock. The whole barrel separation fiasco didn't do them any favors, either.

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ruger Red Label. Whenever someone brags about fabulous service I tend to believe they need it!!

14. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

I have two CG's, one is a 34" Challenger unsingle trap and the other is a Magnus 34" unsingle trap. I replaced my Beretta's with CG's. Service is great, quality is great and most importantly they break targets. I had sold my K80 sometime ago and I'm shooting my CG's as good as my K80...I have found that the CG's are well above the Beretta 680 series. Nothing against Beretta because for the money they are a good gun. If the Fabarms trap guns like the Axis are good Fabarms could move in on the Beretta's and the Brownings...Ron

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I never owned one but almost bought a CG until I picked it up and shouldered it ... It just didn't feel right after shooting Model 12's and Perazzi's for so long ... The guy selling it compared it to a Verona, which I compare to a Mossberg ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

"trigger wasn't all that likeable. (creep)"

Set screw on bottom of trigger does away with that. 10Tenner

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

10tenner...."set screw on bottom of trigger", wasn't my gun, but after shooting it I put it down as fast as I could.

Once you've owned one of the big 3 for a while....shooting a CG is backing up.

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

daddiooo, What is the big 3? Same price as the CG?

Or are you comparing Cadillacs to Ford Pintos?

19. Westie

Westie Member

Everybody can't afford or doesn't choose to allocate that much of our income on a top end trap gun. Your house is probably nicer too.

20. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The irony of the "great service" comments escapes the CG owners.

When you buy them, they are so stiff and you wear yourself out attempting to open and close. Campaign them for a couple of years and they do that without human effort. Not a Perazzi, Not a Kolar, not a K gun, not a Ljutic, Alf or Seitz.

If you buy one, do it in person to test the above. Then do a 13 yard POI test. And if you still like it, try to not pay too much. they continue to depreciate