Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Gun for Trap

4K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  breakingclays99 
#1 ·
Until recently, Browning Citori XT. Highly recommend it.
Before that, Remington 11-87 Premier Trap. Very good gun.
I will be shooting an XT again just as soon as possible.
Before the Remington, Whatever I could get my hands on!!

In my uneducated, rookie opinion, A good over/under will give you the versatilty to shoot all games, and I beleive in the theory of "beware of the shooter with one gun!"

Regards,
Frye.

#5 ·
What ever fits you best. Go someplace where you can shoulder a lot of shotguns and find one that comes up clean and points for you. Then see if it shoots for you. I've got a Beretta 391 12ga, a Rem 870 28ga and others that fit me great but I have never found a Browning that I like the fit and feel of. Brownings are not bad guns, just don't fit me.

#6 ·
Krisghoff K32, Remington 3200 ( 2 of them one std, one comp ), Browning BSS all with 20-28-410 tubes and a Remington 1100 and Winchester Model 1200. last two I use for trap with 30" Full barrels of the Krieghoff with a custom 36" Un-Single from Simmons. Whatever works for you, but for the money I like the remington 1100 and it's a nice soft shooter

#15 ·
for singles and handicap 870 tb 30 inch fc, or model 12 trap 30inch fc, or old style bt99 pre 1976 34 inch improved mod or fc. for doubles, rem 1100 trap, 30 inch fc, or beretta 303 or 391 trap. if you only have 1 gun for all 3 events a good o/u, or 303 or 391. all these guns are good trap guns.
steve balistreri

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.