1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What gun did Leo shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpsr6, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Just curious, what gun did Leo shoot at the southern grand. I remember reading that he was going to be on board with the new DT11 this season. Not sure if his rehab from the surgery may have sidelined working with it in the off season. thanks
    Vic

2. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I'll bet the farm, if I had one, that it was a Beretta.

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Since the new DT-11's traps aren't selling yet (Just the sporting is), I would bet it is still his DT-10 he shoots.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Last we talked his combo wasn't finished yet.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Good time to loan Leo a Perazzi....

just think what he could do..

(tongue in cheek)

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

The DT-11 combo is still under construction and hasn't arrived from Italy yet. He will continue to shoot his DT-10 for now. His recovery from open heart surgery continues. He is doing cardiac rehab 3 days a week while we are here in Florida. He shot his first registered targets at the Southern Grand. A 100 straight in the doubles did alot for his mental game. His 88 in the handicap one day reminded him that he still is in recovery.

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

We wish him well and God speed to a good guy! Scott

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Beat his record with the Beretta first.

9. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

I'm sure he has tried Perazzi's,..maybe Beretta is offering more coin,...or maybe the Beretta is what he prefers ?

I suppose you throw enough money at a shooter and they'll shoot a slingshot,...nevertheless, he is a great shooter.

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The last time I talked to Leo, He was behind the counter at Beretta. Why would he switch to Perazzi? Would they give him a sweeter deal?
    Clyde

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

LEO knows whats best for him, he may be pushing it shooting this early I waited about 3 1/2 months and still split my breastbone apart where it was wired together. He needs at least another 30 days.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. extrapper84

extrapper84 Member

Has everyone forgot the GUN that got him where he is?

I do beleave it was REMINGTON 1100.

Just a thought....

Hal

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I was kidding!!!!!!

14. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Leo did start his shooting career with an 1100, but with the amount of rounds he put through one, he had to constantly "maintain". When his guns were stolen one year in AZ he switched over to Beretta. Over the years he has tried several models of Berettas, and when he got the DT-10, he felt it was right for him. It is a very low maintenance machine that will take alot of abuse. When the DT-11 combo becomes available, he will give it a try. So far, all his records have been set with the Beretta DT-10 and Federal ammo.

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

When Leo's buddy Brad went to work for Beretta(pro) he got Leo in on their program,nuff said.
    Clyde

16. 4painter

4painter Member

I believe he got most of his records and shot his way into the hall of fame with his 682x top single beretta,I have been watching him since 97. His dt10 was obtained when it came out, but well established his career with the 682.

17. viperrt

viperrt Member

The last time I saw Leo's DT10, the OU barrel had a dent in the rib. Didn't bother him in the least!

18. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I can understand why Leo liked the DT-10 so much and why his records were set with it. The first time I shouldered a DT-10 I knew that was the gun for me. And since I got mine 3 months ago good things have been happening. I used to shoot a 686 and it's just not the same as holding a DT-10.

Kevin

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Let us not forget that I believe an ole Ithica 37 may have been what started it all.

20. dezcon

dezcon Member

Carla, Tell Leo the anesthesia given to him for his surgery will affect his memory and (so I'm sure) his concentration for awhile. It has a lingering effect, but eventually wears off or goes away. I noticed it in my speech (finding the right word), my shooting (staying focused) in my memory (knowing people but forgetting their names). Now, I know some TS jackass will make fun of this statement, but I am serious about the effects. At least it happened to me and my cardiologist confirmed that it was a common effect after a major surgery. I just thought Leo should be aware of this if he hasn't already put the pieces together yet. Cardiac rehab is the best thing that he can do. Keep it up. Good luck. DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what did leo shoot at