1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT GUN CO. CARRIES THE BEST WARRANTY?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    this past summer i purchased a new car. i looked at the warranties that each company offered. also, some used models if purchased,offered a warranty. HERE IS MY QUESTION" WHAT GUN COMPANY CARRIES THE BEST NEW GUN WARRANTY? ALSO IF YOU PURCHASE A USED GUN THROUGH A DEALER, DOES A GUN MANUFACTURER STILL PROVIDE ANY TYPE OF WARRANTY SHOULD THE GUN BREAK?
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Steve ... lighten up when you ask your questions. When you capitalize your words like that it is considered to be shouting on the internet and most people are not hard of reading/hearing.

Now to answer your question ... I DONT KNOW BUT I AM SURE SOMEBODY CAN HELP YOU ... sorry to shout but you might be hard of reading/hearing.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Steve ... lighten up when you ask your questions. When you capitalize your words like that it is considered to be shouting on the internet and most people are not hard of reading/hearing.

Now to answer your question ... I DONT KNOW BUT I AM SURE SOMEBODY CAN HELP YOU ... sorry to shout but you might be hard of reading/hearing.

4. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Lumper,
    You're repeating yourself....

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Ruger has the best warranty in the industry. Course, not many people shoot Ruger trap guns.

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Well, I shoot trap with a Ruger.
    Sometimes.

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I ALWAYS thought the capitol letter thing is a bunch of BS myself. I know what LUMPER is SAYING is politically CORRECT but who really GIVES a youfillintheBLANK......

8. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Ljutic !! Hands down!! Life time to the original owner. I've owned several new Ljutics and have never had any problem with the company fixing anything that might go wrong. I have to admit, the only Ljutic that I ever had to take back for work was a couple of Dynokicks. I probably took them back to Ljutic 4 times before Jimmy got them to fire every time. Never charged me a dime. ( I'm lucky enough to live close enough that I would drop off the guns each time). I now have a stainless mid-rib with 2 barrels and couldn't be happier with it. Ljutic let me exchange the pull trigger for a stainless release for less than the used releases I see ads for on this site. It does take some getting used to shooting a Ljutic for some reason. But once you do, it's the only gun you'll want to shoot.

Tomas

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Several years ago, I bought a used Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt from a dealer. The front sight was bent where it had been dropped. After getting the deal I want, I sent it to Ruger and asked them to fix it and send a bill.

When I got the gun back, it had a new front sight, and had been re timed with needed parts. New grips were installed, since the originals were cracked. Since it had not been sent with a box, it was returned in a plastic case. The charge? NO CHARGE!

OTOH, several years ago I bought a K-80 in a box (literally, the owner had taken it apart, and of course could NOT re assemble it. I sent it to Krieghoff Intl'. Three weeks later I got it back. It had been reassembled, with an annual thrown in, and every part had been checked and hand fitted as needed. Norbert told me he had spent the better part of a day on it. Braxton charged me for two firing pins and no labor. He knew it was going to be my Argentina dove gun.

Will I ever send my K-80 anywhere else for service? What do you think?

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

If you want a knock around for the woods the Dick's Franchi Diamond has a 3 year replacement warranty. I had to send in my for a minor problem with the inertia bar in the mono-block I could not get the barrels off to put back in the case)and had it back in 8 working days. They replaced all the innards. The guy said if they had to replace the gun, I would have had my stock sent back with the new gun as I had work done to it by Tron. Have not had a problem since. $799.00 on sale now at Dick's Nice gun.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tron's work... comb and butplate.... <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.