1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What grade of Browning?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Can anybody tell me the difference in the Grades of Brownings?

I've done some google searchs but can't seem to find anything that tells me what a grade 1 vs a grade 4 etc. differences are.

Thanks
    Chuck

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Grd.1 blue finish with engraving ,scroll
    Grd. 3 coin finish with engraving ,ducks
    Grd. 5 coin finish/ Blue finish with gold inlay pheasents and ducks
    I am sure there others
    Piegon grd. coin finish with piegons as the grades go up so does the quality of the wood, buy a good browning hard cover you will injoy it

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Buy a Blue Book it lists each one. "Need to shoot" has some of them right, but not many. For instance, a Grade One can be either a blued receiver or coin depending upon the model.

Steve

4. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Find your self a Leos grade6!

5. need to shoot more

Hey Kolardud sorry my reply was not to your prefection, I was just wrapping up lunch and that is why I suggested the book, I never seen a Grd.1 in a coin finish must have been a dip and strip

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Are we talking Belgium guns or current Jap ? Jeff

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

"Need to have a Brain" get your facts straight before giving advice. Are you sure you weren't smoking something rather than eating?

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

another love-fest on TS.com.................

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

I'm not really an a**hole, but I play one on TV and I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

10. need to shoot more

as it some times happens one person (kdud)will try to bury someone else instead of buliding on that persons comments (asumming that they are accurate)
    and adding their own expertise. That being said I am retiring to my smoking jacket and some brandy,Kdud do what ever you do as long as it does not hurt farm animals (Ka-boom) now go change your shorts and wipe your nose and wait for a thread that you have some real expertise on! p.s. I do care right know about grammer,spelling etc.

11. spritc

spritc Active Member

Need to shoot more, I am extremely sorry that I hurt your feelings. There were/are so many grade variations that Browning has made over the years that I couldn't begin to list them all. My particular favorites are the Midas grades, Diana grades and their many variations. I also like the the Citori grade V, which was hand engraved and usually the wood was absolutely beautiful. I've owned many variations and will probably own many more down the road. If you will look in Trap and Field, almost any issue of late, you will find ads for Guns Umlimited. In their ads you will find Grade 1 XTs and Golden Clays XTs. The Grade 1s have normal XT engraving and a (coin finish) receiver. Of course the Golden Clays models have gold enlays.

I really wasn't trying to downgrade your comments, but rather expand them a bit. I didn't get negative until you decided to. Get a Blue Book or a Browning book and see just how many variations there are. I think you will be amazed, you'll certainly be enlightened.

Steve

12. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

A great reference book on the FN Brownings is Ned Schwing's "The Browning Superposed". It's out of print and will cost you but it's one of the best........very detailed text and superb photography. I don't know if there's a similar book that covers the many variations of Miroku Brownings.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

13. need to shoot more

Ah things always look different in the morning,we can start another pissing match about who said what and when and the stokers on the side lines can search other threads for action.

Grades of Browinings are like M-12s a lot of varations and maybe not always documentded, buy books good for the brain and can be passed down.

as far as Brownings go I have a few and traded a few from Beligums to Japan
    12s and 20s Piegons,grades1(blued)up to Grades6

Regards to all,keep shooting safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.