1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What goes around, comes around: Free Stuff

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Porcupine, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Even though I have never met the vast majority of posters here, I truly enjoy the online cameraderie we share, whatever the topic, and regard each of you as a brother-in-arms (or sister as the case may be). Recently, I was fortunate enough to receive from a fellow poster here a trap-related item he no longer needed and offered to mail, gratis, to whomever replied with the first PM. Thank you, BW. I am grateful for that kindness and wish to keep it going.

While these items are not trap-related, I hope they will be of interest to someone here. The first item is a copy of the National Geographic Magazine issued August 1959, and the most interesting article to me concerned the first flight of a fixed-wing aircraft in Canada in February 1909 (the Silver Dart) and its re-enactment fifty years later in 1959. Lots of photos!

The second item is a book, 'The Restoration of Antique Classic Cars' by Richard C. Wheatley and Brian Morgan, Fourth Edition 1971. The cars restored in the book were a 1930 Vauxhall, a 1929 Bentley, a 1930 Rolls-Royce and a 1932 Duesenberg. The authors use the restoration of these 'antique and classic cars' to demonstrate their methodology, which would then be applied to perhaps similarly aged autos. Restoring an antique car has always been a fantasy of mine, but nothing kills a fantasy like getting old. Maybe this book can be appreciated elsewhere.

I will mail these out to the first private messages received, include your address, and let me know which one you want!

LA in MA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.