1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What doubles gun to go along with mono gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 6t6stang, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6t6stang

6t6stang Member

A question for you guys that are shooting a single barreled Seitz, Alfermann, ljutic, etc. What gun do you guys use for doubles. I am currently shooting an Alfermann for singles and handicap, and a Beretta 682 for doubles. I just can't seem to get comfortable with the Beretta after shooting the Alf. There is an obvious weight discrepancy and also a considerable trigger pull and recoil difference. What are you guys shooting for doubles?

Mike.

2. John55

John55 Active Member

Went through several but settled on a K80. Very reliable and more importantly, I can adjust the POI of each barrel independently. I set the top barrel with the rib adjustment and then tried and found the correct hanger to move the lower barrel to my desired POI.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remington 3200, fast mechanical trigger, adjustable POI. HMB

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have the exact problem, I shoot and Infinity for singles & caps & I shoot a Beretta 682 for doubles, can't shoot it.

Phil Berkowitz

5. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I shoot a Ljutic SLE Pro Mid-Rib for singles/caps, and finally settled on a 32" Kolar for doubles. Fixed rib, but changed the barrel hangers so bottom shoots 60/40 and upper 50/50. Seems to work the best of the guns I've tried so far.

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

When I shoot singles and Hcp I transform my 3200 into an un-single by loading the under barrel.

The very same firearm magically becomes an O/U for doubles. Should I choose to try a top-single I merely load the top barrel.

I'm told, should one prefer a fancier shooting implement, the very same technique could be successful with a K80...

Guy B.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've shot a Browning Superposed ST-100 for 32 years. Kinda rare, many will say old tech but it works very well for me. I love the mechanical triggers. It has adjustable POI should you need to change it. Cost $3750 in 1980 dollars (about $10K now).

8. Gil

Gil Member

I shoot a Ljutic stainless mono for 16s and caps. I bought a Ljutic bi-gun stainless to match as clossly as possible the mono gun. I put PFS stocks on both to keep everything as equal as possible. I had a single barrel made for the bi-gun but it didn't match the mono, so I use the bi-gun for doubles only. My point is keep with the same make if you can. With all the adjustable features available today, you could make anything work. I like the same make, but I am no threat to any doubles shooter. George Miller

9. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Guerini Trap unsingle
    Guerini Impact O/U

10. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

LOL...well said, Guy. My K-80 O/U shoots both one shot AND two shots. I can use it for singles, doubles, trap, skeet, sporting clays and I can even shoot live birds with it too in that old fashioned sport called hunting. I read somewhere, beware the man with one gun. Now, he is me. Though I sure have more than one, the K-80 gets the vast majority of the workout. What an awesome machine. I just love it.

11. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, I shoot a top single Perazzi for 16's and Hdc. As for doubles I've got an XT out to Rod's for some stock work so I can hit something with it.

12. 6t6stang

6t6stang Member

Hey thanks for the input guys. I shot singles and HCP with the Beretta in a top single configuration until I tried the Alfermann. I did so much better with the Alf, so I don't want to go back to the 682. I'll get some more practice in doubles and then decide what to do.

Thanks again,

Mike.

13. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Custom DB-81 Combo

14. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Guerini Trap unsingle for singles and a Guerini Impact for doubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.