1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What does your club offer for Winners Prizes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by az outlaw, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

What are some of the Prizes offered to Winners of Classes and Yardage groups at your Clubs? What are some of the Good ones, and what is the cheapest cheeseist things you have won, or seen won at a shoot?

Mark Williams

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Back in the heyday of the Lethbridge (Alberta) Trap Club we gave fine crystal and trophy buckles...and our prizes were always valued at twice the event entry fee, and shooters kept coming back to try and win our stuff....

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

For a little monthly club shoot...we typically spend $600-$1200 on trophies (depending on time of year, anticipated size of the shoot) For May, our doubles marathon, we have about $1,200 worth of Lonesome Charlie leather stuff for example. For August, our ironman doubles...buckles by buckleart.

At the state shoot (where we might have 120 shooters)...tilden buckles, silver coins, knives, etc for daily event prizes. For the HAA and HOA, custom embroidered combo AMERICASES for ALL CLASSES. $400 each, easy, if you buy one.

The out of state folks that come to Alaska rave about our trophies at the state shoot...they get cases, too. Or arctic fox pelts...beaver pelts, red fox pelts.

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

there are some clubs around here that have been buying claybird clocks and clocks on walnut plaques,quite a practical prize and they look sharp and not a bad price,i think this is the link to reach the fellow who makes them targetclocks@gmail.com

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Someone gave out flashlights. Great spend $1000's in trapshooting and and win one. MY buddy got a wood duck made in China. He was pissed. LOL

6. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

So Winning a class Trophy of " 2 practice rounds of trap good at the club" that expire in 90 days would be along the lines of ??????????????

7. smsnyder

Worst. Got no clue if there ducks or geese. Try to get this on an airplane . Looking for a home. LOL

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I was almost home after a registered shoot one day. The kind lady(Barb) working the registration knew my cell number and called to inform me my not so good score had actually got me in a shootoff. I should have asked more questions but i thanked her and proceded to turn around(one block from my house) and flew back out there(13mpg truck). I made it just before last call. Put my gun together and grabbed my gear. Got to the line and the other two shooters were no shows. I won one box of 1oz 7 1/2's Estate shells. One box!!! Needless to say i had to bite my lip as to not make a fool of myself. That said i really do believe the win is trophy enough. The trophy buyers job is often done by the same people who work their rear ends off to make the whole shoot function. Its a "Thankless" job so i try to keep my negative thoughts to myself.

9. smsnyder

Grntitn I agree. The best trophies i have seen were at the Southwestern Grand. Not only did they give out beautiful engraved metals with red, white and blue ribbons they also gave you a catolog that you can pick several custom trophies. Quality trophies at the big shoots should be no less than what the give out at the oylimpics. This sport is not cheap.

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

we were laughing about this the other day: how we take the little guy holding the shotgun off and toss the rest away. give me cash. or a nice wind chime like smsnyders. good luck with it

11. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Smaller clubs don't usually have the funds for nice trophies( and if they do you can't afford to shoot there), the best trophy for me is practice rounds or shells.
    Rooferbob

12. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I never win, so I wouldn't know. :)

Rick in Mt.

13. t-bar

t-bar Member

Az-outlaw

Think I would rather have a box of shells then "practice tickets". You need to come home Mark.....

bar

14. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Silver coins and stuff like that are always nice. Shells, free rounds (unless those free rounds are at a bar) are not my idea of good trophies. I don't want something that is gone an hour later. Something that looks good on the wall always works.

15. RAD

RAD Member

When you only pay $29 for the event(the highest in the state)two practice round ,what a deal.

16. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Garden Canyon gives gift certificates for the Outback restraunt. Save up a few then take the gang out for a good meal!

17. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Several of the area clubs here in central Nebraska gave silver coins, but that came to a halt this year. Wonder why that was??

Steve

18. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Buckles or $40.00 cash.

19. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I will be shooting at "home" for sure, Shells are a good trophy in my book but 2 practice tickets that expire in 90 days to an out of town club are going to be a great gift to my ole buddy "THE ARIZONA STATE HANDICAP CHAMPION" he visits down south every once in awhile.

Mark

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Got in a shootoff with a 96 for the out of state A doubles at the state shoot in Helena, Mt. once....they made me wait for the shootoff for 30 minutes and the other guy no showed (he must have seen the prizes)and I got a plastic watch worth maybe 20 bucks, but the upside was that the late, great Zip Eaton omplimented me on my doubles shooting...money can't buy that thrill....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.