1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What does the term

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by djpk69, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Lewis class is a system that pays in groups. Say there are 100 shooters.After shooting,the system will breakdown the 100 into "classes".In a 50 bird shoot,there may be 10 shooters who broke 48to50 birds.This will be the 1st class. Group 2 maybe like 42-47 birds broken....and so on down the line.Then,in each class the system pays off the top 3(or so) shooters.In case of ties,there will be a tie-breaker that could be the longest string or the longest reverse string.Nice to shoot, as it pays even the shooters with lesser skills.

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Jerry, this might help you.

AJ100

http://www.ga-sportingclays.org/lewissystem.pdf

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

It's a code word for good luck sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Clcik the above link

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Its a lottery more or less, Last year for the most part I hit the lewis when I DID NOT shoot so well and missed the pay outs When I shot well but not well enough for class win. I play the lewis.

6. motrap

motrap Member

Check out the websites offered .........

btw, dkusner is NOT correct.......

It was a gentleman named Lewis who devised the system .... hadn't heard about his frustration with not hitting the payouts before ...

I think he was just trying to come up with an option the common man (shooter) would like ...... [ and he did it in spades ]

It remains the most popular option in trapshooting .......... It offers a payout to the top shooter AND a chance at two other (if paid 3 classes, one money each, as is the most usual way) for those shooters who broke less than the top score for whatever reason;

i.e. a small (percentage-wise to total costs for the day) added $$$ amount to spice up the game, win some of your entry back, provide some hope if the shooting didn't go as well as you'd have liked, something to brag about and/or needle your buddies who's score didn't "hit"(whether theirs was higher or lower than your score), something to justify the cost (to ??????) by winning something .......

......... what's not to like ?????????

Rudy

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

The link provided is a good one except when it gets to page 2 and talks about a modified lewis. In the lewis system, the monies would be divided equally amongst the number of classes. In the trap shooting world, a modified lewis shuffles the money around. example: the top two scores will get 30% of the money and the classes would divide (equally) the remaining 70%.

Trophies can be awarded similarly. example: Trophies to winner, r/u and 4 lewis classes. In this case, the 3rd highest score would be the first lewis class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.