1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Does Obama Have Against A Non-Union Co.?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Does it seem strange that the Stimulus Bill for construction projects first go to Union Contractors? Although I came from a Union family and worked for a company that had a union, I believe that the "opportunity" to compete for public funds; i.e., taxpayer funded programs, should not discriminate in any manner. Obama's agenda is to push "card check" also to the banks who have received TARP monies; i.e., he stated on 2-13-09 (as reported by Glenn Beck) that any bank receiving TARP money cannot lobby against "card check". It should be noted that this is contrary to Labor laws as those laws currently exist while "card check" has only been passed by the House. Again, what does Obama have against non-union people? Keep in mind unions only represent approx. 15% of the workforce. Why won't he treat the other 85%, many who voted for him, equally? These people, all things being equal have 85% of the need. This is not anti-union it is anti-majority. Is this "Change that we can believe in."? BT-100dc

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If I recollect correctly about 25 years ago the government started a program that had to do with "prevailing wages". This was started to give the unions a more competitive edge.
    The general contractors had to pay union wages on public funded projects even if unions were not itilized.
    I wonder wehat happened to that program. Bulge

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BT-100dc,,,,it is because the Non-union workers did not give as much MONEY as the Unions did,,,,this is how it works in Chicago politics,,,,give me money and when I get in office I will pay you back with legislation,,,,now understand this is not only hussein's doing as pelosi/reid et.al wrote the pork laden bill,,,,that your and my elected officials COULD NOT READ prior to voting on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU SAY GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION??????????????????????????

4. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Considering the actions Obama has taken so far to reverse Bush anti-labor legislation, I would hardly call him "anti-union"... Wall Street Journal Report.

Carol Lister

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Bulge,I bid jobs under the prevailing wage.This is a joke.I had other contractors under bid me big time.After they received the winning bid they did not pay the prevailing wage.So,there is always a loop hole.This was on Federal Housing projects.

Bocephas

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bo, In our state, there would be no way anyone could get away with not paying prevailing wage on a state funded project. Each project has a dedicated "Wage Coordinator" and it is their responsibility to turn in anyone not complying. They have the right to audit your books and the union makes sure it happens. So why do projects built with my tax dollars have to pay prevailing wage when only 15% of the workforce is union? Good question!

7. missed some

missed some TS Member

BUT I thought obama was gonna git rid of corruption.

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Because he won many industrial states because of Labor Unions!

9. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Labor unions all backed him now its payback time.This happens everyday in Washingtonits called lobbying .Nothin new.......Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.