1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it take??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hawk46, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

A 105 Howitzer ought to get it done. Or show it a picture of Nancy Pelosi. That'd kill most anything.

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen Jurassic Park??

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Introduce them to Yellowstone. It worked so good with the wolves.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think it would be cool. After all, they were one of the first creatures to become extinct at the hands of humans.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Personally i'd love to go on a guided Safari hunt of a Wolly Mammoth, T-Rex or other large Dino. Can you imagine the bill on getting that thing's head mounted? Then where to hang it. LOL

Probably need the .577 T-Rex to bring it and you down. :)

Matt

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

"... extinct at the hands of humans"???

Au contraire. Just another myth perpetrated by Al Gore.

7. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

basically you can't condone it. It is against nature and God. Once it begins it will be only moments before humans will be cloned. Can you imagine the folly in that? We are all meant to make our contribution (or lack of it) to society in our way, in our time.

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

r:

Laura Dern kept me alert during the movie. There weren't any mammoths. Mammoths first appeared about 150,000 years ago. By that time Jurassic dinos had been extinct 145 million years.

Temperature would have a problem as well. Mammoths thrived during the ice ages. Most Jurassic fauna (specifically those featured in the movie) required tropic or sub tropic climes.

I've read speculation indicating some Jurassic species might have been able to regulate body temps. If true, that might have expanded their range into colder areas. Some members of the Lamnidae family of sharks can do so. The mako and great white are examples. They can maintain body temps higher than the surrounding environment.

As to your original question, "what would it take to down a woolly mammoth", Clovis points apparently got the job done.

sissy : )

PS to Twinbirds:

I share your concerns about cloning. Ditto for lab created artificial life and artificial intelligence. Just because something CAN be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Wherever you find Mammoth bones, you WILL find Clovis projectiles. Just a fact. Ancient man relied on Mammoth like modern man relies on the auto industry and followed and hunted herds until there was no longer a viable minimal population. Once a species is at that minimum (which may be 2 animals or 5 million depending on species), extinction is inevitable.

10. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

there are worse people to clone than Nancy, Hitler, Stalin, Musselini,Bushes, etc personally not fond of Clinton and his lies either. there are others that have had a negative impact on mankind, Obama etc.

11. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

If they wind up cloning Laura Dern...put me down for one....

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

just run 'em off a cliff.

13. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Do we really need a Wooly Mammoth?

Who wants one?

Michael Jackson is dead, and he was the one dumb Arse that would have wanted one. After all, he had the ranch.

Think of the Consequences:

They would be smoking "Wooly's" instead of "Camel's"

"Wooly Toe" would replace "Camel Toe"

Chinese Food would offer "Sweet & Sour Wooly"

And what would happen to Dumbo, the hairy big eared freaked out Wooly?

Kenny Uhlbeck

14. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I think John Lennon wrote that. Or was it Ringo?

Kenny Uhlbeck

15. Mapper

Mapper Member

Ah, but think of the tusks. Ivory handles on everything you own. Tableware to toilet paper holder.

16. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

a buddy of mine was in Vietnam and while on patrol in a helicopter one day they spotted a bunch of the gooks transporting weapons on the backs of elephants.. they shot a rocket from the copter, hit the elephant in the head and the trunk went flying straight up into the air.. so.. i would a helicopter with a rocket launcher would do the trick..

17. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

I'm with Yoda on this one. Keep the hunt original, all hunters must use a pointed stick. Your choice of wood type, but no sticks over 8 feet in length. The real question is, how many pointed stick thrusts would it take?

18. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

That's funny right there Yoda...what about after the 1st one your stick with the flint head gets a foot shorter...Industry Pro's get no stick at all...just the flint...I don't want to compete, but I do want a piece of the Calcutta. Cheers-Graham.

19. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Oh no..

A 7 1/2 foot stick or an 8 foot stick?

Is there a point restriction on the sharpness?

Kenny Uhlbeck

20. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's not nice to Fxxx with Mother nature. Keep in mind that 99% of all the species that have ever inhabited this planet are now extinct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.