1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it cost to build a Trap House ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by btsteve, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btsteve

btsteve TS Member

Hi Guys, My club is considering a new trap house. What is the cost?
    Should we build it ourselves or contract it out?
    Are Plans available? Any suggestions? Thank You.Steve.

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

We built a totally new 'walk-into' trap house for about $5,000 in 2007.

LA in MA

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Plans:

www.shooting-academy.com

Dave

4. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

palosshooter_2008_170439.jpg

If you build a traphouse consider this feature when you build it ..Make sure it is a walk in so the old guys can load it..You can use cement block and it will be cheaper than formed concrete..Any good survayor can help you do the layout..This is the one in Indiana ..

5. btsteve

btsteve TS Member

Guys, Thank You for Your Help.

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

BT, sent you a PM

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If you let someone else do it alot. If you do all the work very little.

8. quartering

quartering Active Member

i don't know about the cost but a stand up, walk in height is a must. also, i've never been in one that wasn't full of water most of the year. incorporate a sump pump or a french drain into the design. good luck with it

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When digging the foundation make the hole bigger by 3 feet. Once the foundation has been poured and set dig around the foundation so you can put drain pipe in. You also want to put say 6 inches or more of gravel below the foundation and have the pipe just a little below the foundation. Make sure the pipe can go to daylight someplace. In other words you want the water to come out to the air or light so you can check and see that its working. You want to also rape the pipe with silt cloth so the pipe doesn't fill up with dirt or silt. That is a must.

Once you have the walls up coat the walls with tar or a GOOD SEALANT. NO CHEAP STUFF. Let it harden good. Once that is done get the blue foam 4x8 sheets and line the walls. The reason for that is so when you back fill the sealant doesn't get chipped. Now you need to have about 6 inches of gravel below the foundation so the drain pipe is say 2 inches below the foundation. Rape the pipe with silt cloth. You do not want the pipe to fill up with dirt or trash. Line the dirt wall with silt cloth also and put 2 to 3 feet of gravel on top of the pipe. The walls should be lined with the cloth so dirt does not go in to the gravel. If you can put all back fill in with gravel and no dirt. That way it drains nicely. If not the 2 to 3 feet of gravel on top of the pipe will do. If you must back fill with dirt then put a layer of cloth over the gravel and then back fill with dirt. I did this with mu house and it worked great.

10. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I rebuilt four house at our club that have been in place since the 60's and thr roofs had rotten and were in really bad condition. I built frames from 1" square tubing and covered them with steel sheeting. I hinged them to the back wall and placed tie downs at the fron inside of the houses. This allows the top to be lifted for cleaning and loading. It requires about 80# of lift strength to raise the roofs and it really helps! Might think about something like that.

11. repairman74

repairman74 TS Member

When our club put in new trap house we went to the septic tank company and had it set in the ground and saw the front out put on a roof. it's been ten plus years and hasn't had water in it yet.

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

a septic tank! that's perfect! that way, my shooting won't be far from where it belongs. good luck with it

13. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Now I don't care who you aare---THAT'S FUNNY!!!

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

About $10K for a design with poured floor, poured machine pedestal and front wall. Side walls and back are block, roof is 4" poured. This is a climb in design that you can stand up in. Includes electrical. Labor is a mix of volunteer and professional.

I can see why you would want a walk in design but in most cases you will be incorporating a water collecting sub-grade area that will probably end up draining into the house. A decent set of stairs in the climb in design provides reasonable access IMO. We have never had a water issue with our houses but this is also the desert with only 7-10" of annual precip. Still when we do get those occaisional big rains, everything stays dry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cost to build a trap house
how much does a trap house cost
how much does it cost to build a trap range

how to build a trap house

how to make a trap house

trap house construction

trap house plans

trap shooting house plans