1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you use in your....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tom@eel, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

What do you use in your ultra sonic to displace the water based cleaner on parts such as trigger groups that doesn't cost a hundred bucks a gallon? Tom

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Tom..... I bought a cheap ultra sonic cleaner off e-bay. I pour some mineral spirits (paint thinner) in it and clean my trigger with it. Doesn't hurt the cleaner at all and gets my Perazzi trigger clean without using water. When clean, I blow it dry with my air hose and spray the trigger liberally with Break Free. Let the Break Free dry for a couple minutes then blow it all dry again. Has done well for over 6 years with no problems..... Dan

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Dan nailed it.

I do the same on my K-80 receiver.

Don Verna

4. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Thanks Dan/Don, after reading the "Warning" statements on the ultra-sonic literature about use of flammable liquids, I envisioned a massive, explosive conflagration of my shop, home and greater Ferndale area (the mushroom cloud thing). Apparently over paranoid on my part as with the manufactures attorneys. I like your method......

Live on the edge,

Tom

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Tom.... I am assuming your ultra sonic cleaner is an electric unit and not the older "gas fired" one that was recalled several years ago??

6. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Dan: It's an expensive, to me anyway ($250), small Stamina XP, electric. The cleaner I've been using is water based Ram Plus that Stu Wright uses. That too is expensive. Short of doing something really stupid, I can't imagine the liquid coming in contact with an electrical spark. Not much for reading MSDS sheets, but I believe mineral spirits has a pretty low vapor pressure anyway. I'm going with your method. I think the CLP is the trick, good stuff. If I'm not at the club Sunday.......Oh s%$@! Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.