1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT DO YOU USE FOR A RANGE BAG ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kevin a., Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

what do you use for a range bag ?

it's time to step up from walmart bags-LMAO
    really thats what i use.

kevin

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Kevin:

It would be helpful to know what you do with a range bag. Is it sporties, trap, rifle range, etc? If you're hauling shells, how many at a time?

sissy

3. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Sounds odd, but having three small kids, I use a Lulu lemon diaper/messanger bag I found in a closet. It is big. Into that I place my Home Depot tool bag that I put my reloaded shells in to. Each bag will hold about 300-350 shells and one satchel fits inside the diaper bag. The diaper bag has lots of other pockets for my earplugs, ID, shooting glasses and then holds my empties to take home to reload. Best part is it has a shoulder strap so it frees up my hands to schlep the gun cases in too.

Dan

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

My next door neighbor's wife.

5. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

trap / some sporting clays

at least 2 boxes of shells

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The local Wal Mart here(Sparta, IL) has some very cost friendly Range bags made by either Winchester or Allen. They are red/black and have room for probably 8 boxes. It also has a net pullout for empties. I believe they are under $20. Its what i used until i finally won a leather bag.

Look just like this one. Could probably order them if your local Wal Mart does not have them.

[​IMG]

There are plenty of bags that will work. If you want an actual range bag, you need to pick your price range. They vary from the one i showed at under $20 on up to over $300 for custom stuff.

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

A Land's End open top Small Tote bag. Very nice and heavy duty canvas with good straps. Fits 8 boxes like a charm yet small enough to carry around easily.

8. leadvail

leadvail Member

HA, HA, Excellent birddog, I am having to use my wife right now.

For skeet shooting, may I suggest the safari to bring out the beast in you;
    [​IMG]

Then for the more sophisticated sporting clay shooters, a $1100 gucci;

[​IMG]

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Kevin:

For sporties and the rifle range, I have a pair of Galati International range bags. They are similar to the first item listed under "range bags" on their website.

The bags are made of heavy duty synthetic fabric and will take more abuse than I can dish out. They've got full length pockets on both sides for glasses, choke tubes, and other gear. They'll hold eight boxes of 12 ga. shells and the empties afterwards.

If my vehicle is close, all I carry at a trap shoot is a leather four box shell carrier. It's just a carrier, not a bag. Everything else hangs on my shooting belt. If it the vehicle isn't close, I have a Shamrock Leathers four box bag with a single pocket on the front.

The bag a similar carrier are pictured on Shamrock's home page. http://www.shamrockleathers.com/

sissy

10. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

When I travel to bigger shoots there are a couple of guys from my club that usually travel/attend with me. Everyone is experienced enought to know all the etiquitte of shooting registered targets and always conduct themselves like adults when we are out and about shooting. I've never been worried about any of them bringing embarrassment or shame to our group . . . until last weekend.

We were at the Great Lakes Grand in Michigan, and while I'll admit it was moderately wet a couple of days it wasn't anything that my Shamrock Leather bag couldn't stand up to. However, one of my shooting buddies pulled out his foul-weather range bag . . .

[​IMG]

I might have to find someone new to shoot with!

11. Loyac

Loyac Member

A Vietnam era Medic's bag. John

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I use a Plano "field box"... its a tool box with a lift-out compartmentalized tray and has two plano clear slide out boxes that fit into the cover. The bottom compartment will hold a dozen boxes of shells, I can fit chokes, grease, glasses, brushes, picks, etc... all onto the tray...

Realtively inexpensive, structured and waterproof...

Jay

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I use a plastic 5 gallon pail. Goes good with the dollar grade and irritates the heck out of junior. LOL

14. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Bob Allens #435t range bag, lots of room, (8 boxes) of shells plus accessories.
    they hold up very well,listed price 42.00

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Midway USA offers several nice range bags and the one I bought has been pretty durable. Similar to this one...

[​IMG]

-Gary

16. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The best I've found is made by "Wild Hare International".
    I really like the water bottle holder. Plenty big. Will
    hold eight boxes of shells. I doubt if you could wear it
    out in your lifetime.

17. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I've been using a back pack for some time now, holds more than a flat in the main compartment, the smaller compartments holds all my accessories and has a couple bottle holders on the sides. Plus the shoulder straps means I have both hands free to carry the gun and coffee.

Greg

18. Mapper

Mapper Member

Go Bill Grill! Slim Spears used to use a double compartment scrub bucket. One side for loaded shells, one side for empties.

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Pal of mine picked me up a heavy saddle leather bag in Vandalian back in the 90's...built to last a lifetime...or 3!

20. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

I use a bag designed for lawn bowls.......dont laugh

its got a compartment in the bottom with is hard plastic and devided into 4, for 4 bowls but it fits 10 pkts of shells perfectly, then its got a zippered bag bit on top for jacket, muffs and glasses etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.