1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of the Keltec PMR-30?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I had one on order for over a year and finally got one today. It's a 30 round 22 mag. I was able to pick it up for $400.00 even though it only costs around $280.00 from the distributor. They make so few the price has been driven up and they had one at Gander Mtn. in Jacksonville and it was priced at $549.00. I anxious to shoot it but will have to wait till tomorrow. LOL Jackie B.

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I, for one, will look forward to your assessment on how well it functions and how accurate it is. I've been looking at one for nearly a year.

Kip

3. Shooting Jack

My brother has had one for several months(he bought several shotguns from the guy with the understanding that the got the first one in the store) and had some feed problems occasionally but polished it and working great. He really likes the sights, they look like the sights on one of my bows. They are really bright. Jackie B.

4. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

I've worked on a few to improve feeding problems. Mag springs seem to be a tad on the weak end. Replaced with chrome silicon springs and problems seemed minor. Then with some work on the trigger disconnect and sear, problems gone. Please refrain from polishing the feed ramp -- that is NOT a recommended procedure for feeding problems. You change that angle ever so slightly and you've created a mess. Feed ramps DO NOT need to reflect like a mirror to work properly. In fact, the rougher surface aides some models to feed well. Backyard gunsmithing, in most cases, creates more problems than they correct. Go to the guys who do these things for a living....Cya

5. Shooting Jack

You are right in that I don't know squat about fixing some problems and that is why when I had a feed problem with my 380 Keltec and sent it back to the makers. The letter than came back with it simple said they polished the ramp to correct the problem. Of course, I really don't know what they actually did but it works now. LOL Where do I need to go to get the right silicon carbide springs. Jackie B.

6. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

JB:

They are chrome silicon springs (noted for not taking a set and returning to length for long timeframes). You should be able to purchase them through any supplier - wolffe springs, Midways, Brownell's, etc. I bought mine, I believe, from Brownell's. BTW, I had a typo and said silicon carbide springs, and not chrome silicon. It's now corrected. Man, a silicon carbide spring would be something. You shoot the gun, the spring eats it apart. LoL...Cya

7. Shooting Jack

Well, I have put some ammo through this thing and it is a blast. One thing that surprised me is that when it extracts a hull it throws it fifteen to twenty feet with not one misfeed problem. It is accurate and fun to shoot. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.