1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of a supposed buyer that does---

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bud Johnson, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud Johnson

Bud Johnson Member

I saw a thread about "not all sellers are honest" on this forum awhile back.

Well, not all supposed buyers are honest either.

I received the following PM about a Perazi stock and forend set I had for sale on this forum. This was after I made him/her a better price than it was offered on line.

"Mx2000s stock

Date: Thu, May 06, 2010 - 02:35 PM ET

Bud I will take it.....how do I get the founds to you? "

I responded the same day with the information. Did not get a response or any funds. I sent another PM asking if he was still interested. Still not response.
    I took the person at his/her word and posted "SPF" on the internet forums the set was advertised on. Here I am 8 days later and still have the set and no contact from this person.

I intentionally removed his screen name from the PM so as not to be totally insensitive. It would have been fine with me, if he was honest... It is not the seller only that makes problems.

I have sold several items and purchased several items on this forum and in all cases except this one, everything went well. The buyers and sellers were totally honest. That is all I ask!!

Just curious what others think.

Best regards and good shooting.

Bud Johnson

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

sounds like the guy supposedly buying my trigger!

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Could be those liberal arses that pretend to be a shooter and just come here to bother people??

Curt

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

May be his computer crashed. Left town on business or pleasure.

8 days is a long time in cyber space, I would repost for sale.

Jason

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I am a car dealer...I know I know nobody likes car dealers but i will say this about buyers. I have become kallist to there comments like..."I will take it" or "Can you hold it till Monday I will take it then". A buyer has to be in a cash position before I allow this. If they say they want the car and ask me to hold it they have to put some cash on the deal or i wont. The only time I will hold a car without cash is if a buyer is traveling and made arrangements to view the car. I have had to many buyers say they will take it only to call them and hear..."oh we bought something else or we just decided to not do that one". As a seller just take the first cash in hand or the most supported deal.

6. SonoraMike

SonoraMike TS Member

> Could be those liberal arses that pretend to be a shooter and just come here to bother people??

really?? was that absolutely necessary? I thought/hoped we were all a bit more tolerant and accepting here. Let me know if I'm wrong about that

7. SonoraMike

SonoraMike TS Member

Bud - if the buyer doesn't follow through and do what they said they were going to do then you're ok to move on to the next buyer. This isn't an uncommon happening on the intro-nets, live and learn

8. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

Here ya go again, Hanging a guy before you get all the facts. Bud, he very well could be a dishonest buyer I don't know. It might be possible he might not be able to get back to you. I had a bid on e-bay back in Sept. I have a 100% rating and i'm a honest person. I had a heart attack and a triple bypass surgery, I couldn't get back to the guy. I was lucky, my wife got the email from him and told him the situation. He was very nice, held the item until I got home and could pay him. I'm not tellin ya not to move on to the next buyer, you have to do what you have to do for yourself. I'm just saying to everyone. DON"T HANG HIM YET. thats been done on here way to often. Just my opinion.

9. Bud Johnson

Bud Johnson Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm not trying to hang anyone, I'm just asking for opinions.

I have held a gun for a guy for 90 days on his word, but he at least called me. I don't jump to conclusions. Never have. Not that type.

I do appreciate the comments and I don't mind negative comments if you have dealt with me and are unhappy, I would like to know that so I can rectify the problem. I haven't had any negative feedback to me from the people I have dealt with here and ask for the same courtesy.

Thanks and best regards

Bud Johnson

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The right way & the wrong way; WRONG: offer full price as posted, then back out after telling other posters that he had bought my trigger, and after I has posted it sold. Came back trying to chisel me for a hundred buck to pay for a modification that "GunDr," offered to do for free, Just postage. Thanks, Doug.
    RIGHT:A guy approached me to sell him a choke tube I hadn't even offered for sale, a flush # 10 Perazzi tube. I sent him the tube for free, if he donated the $50 he had offered to TS.com. He did so& I forwarded the check to David & got a nice thank you note back. OOPS, he needed a gen 2 tube, not a gen 3. The check had already been forwarded, I said don't worry, I'll find you one. I bought a set of 3 for $110 to get the one he needed, and sent it to him today, having no use for the other 2 tubes. A promise is a promise!

11. cpd544

cpd544 Member

It is just as frustrating when someone tells you they will sell you something and then never follows through with the deal.

12. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

How about this one!!! Over a month ago I sold a very nice rifle on one of the auction sites. It's an $800 deal. A week later I get a check for the rifle and an email saying the FFL would follow in a few days. I never got it and I've emailed the buyer 5 times with NO response. Both his phone numbers are now out of service! I emailed one last time and if no response in a week, I'm sending the money back via certified mail. I sure hope he did not get hit by a truck!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.